Clayton YES! - its ok | Glassdoor

"its ok"

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

Pros

good company to work for if your a student

Cons

split shift, isnt honest with employees, cuts hours in the summer months

Advice to Management

be up front and honest with employees

Other Employee Reviews for Clayton YES!

1. "Experience"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The relationship you build with the students. I was easy to move up and become program director.

Cons

The hours, they were really strict on going into overtime.

2. "Face Palm!"

Current Employee - Site Director/Site Coordinator in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Site Director/Site Coordinator in Keller, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

split shift incase your kids get sick or you have doctor appointments, free childcare for your kids. That is all!

Cons

The company is very unbalanced- they are trying to fix things but mostly what needs to be fixed is management. They are very disorganized and are never on the same page with procedures. I have had many run ins with upper management lying about or "forgetting" they said something about procedures. Typically with the Site Directors we have a "we're family" appeal. But so many people (corporate employees, program specialists, Program Coordinators and Site Directors are quitting, its really sad how far down this company has come. They only care for the interests of the parents/ children ( yes, we are in that business but your employees need to be looked after too... or there will be a high turn over- like what we are struggling with now. The only reason I have stayed is for the free childcare, split hours and off on weekends. I love the kids at my school but it seems year by year it's getting worse for them at Clayton. They are bored! They hate the learning rotations and it makes it harder for the employees working with the kids! They need to relax after school, their poor brains are fried after an 8 hour day. Summer with Clayton is a joke!!! They expect everything from us working it but don't give us the tools needed to actually do what we are being made too do, then blame us for it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and they might stay. Keep the kids relaxed and happy and it might not cause disciplinary issues. If the kids are happy, workers are happy, then the parents are happy... which in turn makes the company happy and successful.