Clayton YES! - its ok | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"its ok"

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

Pros

good company to work for if your a student

Cons

split shift, isnt honest with employees, cuts hours in the summer months

Advice to Management

be up front and honest with employees

Other Employee Reviews for Clayton YES!

1. "A really good job for me right now"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Clayton YES! part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It works really good with my schedule and the kids are super fun. Most of the parents are really nice. My school is pretty close to where I live, but sometimes I have to drive to a different school. The site coordinator lets us have choices with the kids. So much better than working at a fast food place.

Cons

I could really use more shirts. But they're not very strict on jeans. I got a birthday card from them in the mail but it came like three days late.

Advice to Management

Come visit us! We had so much fun for the lights on day. It's hard to get up when I have to help with a morning shift, so maybe bring us coffee or something. But everybody is really friendly and my PC is super cool with my schedule.

2. "Not the best."

Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Keller, TX
    Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Keller, TX

I worked at Clayton YES! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students , parents, school administrators are great, especially if you have built great relationships with them. Work experience you gain looks good on resume. Salary was pretty decent for the position more than what other after school programs pay.

Cons

Overall I did not like working for Clayton. For starters some of the tenured employees are extremely unprofessional and ignorant, which can make for unpleasant and hostile work environments. I definitely think leadership showed favoritism to employees. Summer is absolutely horrible for kids and staff. They put people in charge who literally only care about being in charge and dictating. No family like environment at all. Staff lie and snitch.

Advice to Management

For the most part I like a few of the new people in management and the goal and vision they have for Clayton however, when you have staff who are so stuck in their ways and reluctant to change it is hard to push the new vision. I honestly think a lot of the tenured staff should be let go or retrained especially professionalism and working in collaborative environments. Stop letting staff treat people any kind of way. These people are to comfortable and need help with understanding change.