Clear Channel - High turnover due to lack of leadership and development | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

"High turnover due to lack of leadership and development"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job for someone willing to put in long hours and hard work for little pay and recognition. 100% commission is never the way to go.

Cons

Unless you've been in the industry for 10+ years don't count on anyone paying you any attention or even acting like they're interested in your success. It's a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Take more interest in the training and development if your people and maybe they'll stick around for more than 6 months

Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of good opportunities, big network

Cons

Most promotions are for people who have been there for a long time

"Past Face, Fun, Great Co-Workers"

Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Key Account Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun Environment. Lots of Perks such as Concert Tickets, Meeting Celebs and working with DJs

Cons

It is not a typical 8-5 job, sometimes I had worked 24 hours at a time. You are required to be in the office and make appointments and get sales and if needed, entertain clients, attend concerts and then report back to work at 8am. Though it sounds glamorous, it is draining and honestly, I am glad I was a part of such a great company, but I did not have a life at all. No time to date or meet people. Thats why 90% of the employees are not married or divorced. This job takes up all of your time. You are basically all commission as your monthly pay is based on a draw. Clear Channel recently went Private and they reduced the commission by 90% hence I left after 4 years. I LOVED working there, its great if you are young and single and motivated.

Advice to Management

Management is the best! They are so fun! But they are also very deadline driven. You can play all day but you must bring results or you get let go pretty fast. HUGE turn over. This job is for someone who can play hard and work hard. I loved it there! I had to move on and eventually get a life of my own :)