Clear Channel - I learned what I needed to learn to be competent in the broadcast industry on the radio side. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

"I learned what I needed to learn to be competent in the broadcast industry on the radio side."

Former Intern - Promotions Intern in Asheville, NC
Former Intern - Promotions Intern in Asheville, NC

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers
Always something happening
Never a dull moment
I really enjoyed my time interning here, and it just reinforced my love of radio. Even the tasks I didn't particularly like taught me something.

Cons

Most everyone I worked with appeared to be on-call. I didn't see a lot of team meetings or other structured time for people to get on the same page. Exchange of information appeared to happen informally in the jock lounge whenever people ran into each other.

Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel

1. "If you have the drive to win, you will have all the support and resources you need to achieve your goals."

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For a sales person, lots of tools and support available. Better resources than any other radio group locally or nationally. You can create your own destiny and can create your own wins. It is not easy to work here, but the culture is not designed to reward people who what “easy.” If you want a challenge and to be paid for true sales performance, this is a great place.

Cons

You must want to work hard and have a lot of will to win. They have more resources, but they also have more responsibilities. If you want to do radio like it has been done in the past, this is NOT the place for you. But if you want to really sell and be paid well for selling big ideas, this IS the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward the high-performers. Take care of the ones creating the wins. Don't mourn for those that leave becasue they want it "easy."

2. "Strong Leaders"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clear Channel let's you exceed where your skills will allow you to do best. They are also competitive in pay compared to other industry companies. Managers are constantly bringing new materials and market info to you in order for you to maintain a competitive edge

Cons

HSA healthcare is not the greatest healthcare out there. Sometimes you feel like you are being micromanaged (to some that is a plus).