Clear Channel - Disappointing | Glassdoor

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

A few co-workers have been great and help when they can. It's fun to meet people in the local business community and create plans that solve their marketing needs.

Cons

I never get the feeling that senior management cares about me. The stress I feel everyday here is insane. Very few people feel like they have job security here. It is starting to affect other parts of my life because I am constantly worried and frustrated and feel like it is impossible to succeed. The amount of reps they churn through is ridiculous. Every department seems unwilling to work together. Not a team atmosphere at all. Unless you have established yourself in media sales and can get everything done on your own and tolerate the micromanagement and constant change of focus, don't work here.

Advice to Management

Give more help to new people and help them grow. Something needs to be done to lower the turnover and make the feeling in the room more positive.

Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel

"Awful, Stay away"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Radio can have a fun atmosphere, Good to try out for knowledge of the industry.

Cons

Skimpy insurance with high cost. NO TRAINING ! Extreme micromanagement. Constantly shifting focus and never ending pay changes. Bain capital owns them and has stripped a once great company to the bone in the name of profits. The employees are not valued and they look for every possible way to cut cost , pay , and labor. Everybody is over worked and underpaid.

"Senior AE with 22+ years experience - Forced out - this company no longer respects experienced and knowledgeable AE's"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great products in the best cities

Cons

Corporate - Bain Capital - controls everything and everything is a spreadsheet. They no longer care about customer service. Commission plan is the worst in the industry.

Advice to Management

Retain and recruit talented employees. Relationships are important across all departments - sales - real estate - operations.