Clear Channel - I learned a lot about the industry, but saw no future with the company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

"I learned a lot about the industry, but saw no future with the company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Clear Channel part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being an intern gives you the opportunity to learn about the industry and work in a fun place for college credit.

Cons

The company is literally bleeding itself dry. It keeps cutting back on employees and dispersing the work to whoever is left. If you get hired, you'll start at minimum wage and most likely never get a raise. I'd say the average full time salary pay is around $30k. Don't expect much more than that, unless you are at the top. About 80 percent of radio stations are voice tracked or syndicated. Don't expect to be a radio personality. The rate of job openings is declining and so is the pay. At least 30 people have either left or been let go in the past year, ranging from the lowest level jobs all the way up to the market manager position.

Advice to Management

You can function with a smaller staff, but pay your employees a decent salary to do the honest days work they are performing.

Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

A few co-workers have been great and help when they can. It's fun to meet people in the local business community and create plans that solve their marketing needs.

Cons

I never get the feeling that senior management cares about me. The stress I feel everyday here is insane. Very few people feel like they have job security here. It is starting to affect other parts of my life because I am constantly worried and frustrated and feel like it is impossible to succeed. The amount of reps they churn through is ridiculous. Every department seems unwilling to work together. Not a team atmosphere at all. Unless you have established yourself in media sales and can get everything done on your own and tolerate the micromanagement and constant change of focus, don't work here.

Advice to Management

Give more help to new people and help them grow. Something needs to be done to lower the turnover and make the feeling in the room more positive.

"Awful, Stay away"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Radio can have a fun atmosphere, Good to try out for knowledge of the industry.

Cons

Skimpy insurance with high cost. NO TRAINING ! Extreme micromanagement. Constantly shifting focus and never ending pay changes. Bain capital owns them and has stripped a once great company to the bone in the name of profits. The employees are not valued and they look for every possible way to cut cost , pay , and labor. Everybody is over worked and underpaid.