ClearSlide - Below average | Glassdoor

"Below average"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Start up environment. Small team.

Cons

The technology stack on which the product was developed is questionable. The entire product is based on java servlets and and some front-end java-script with ajax etc. Some one who has worked on latest technologies will have serious concerns working with them as they are highly reluctant to change their code base.

The company has more technical recruiters(5+) than engineering team (1). And the interview process is mediocre. Technical interview questions were rather easy and not challenging. and they claim to hire only rock stars to be part of the engineering team which is funny.

Advice to Management

Be more confident on decision making. Improve the technical interviews and adopt to latest technologies.

Other Employee Reviews for ClearSlide

"ClearSlide is great from the outside looking, not so much after you're in."

Pros

Energy, Office space, Team building activities, Product, Directors

Cons

Extremely intense, stressful sales environment.
    Micromanaging employees of how many emails, phone calls made on the daily.
    Told by recruiters that OTE earnings were to be "about double the base" OTE are nowhere near.
    The turnover rate is high.

"Great place to work!"

Pros

I currently work at ClearSlide and love it! The interview process is in depth and pays off. Those here work hard towards a common goal...but also take the time to enjoy our 37th story downtown view! I have nothing but positive things to say about the environment at ClearSlide and the direction we are going in.

Cons

As mentioned as a pro, the interview process is in-depth. It took time and commitment, but I felt like it was worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep hiring and pushing your employees. I love the fun runs and am looking forward to more team building activities.