ClearSlide - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Pros

I currently work at ClearSlide and love it! The interview process is in depth and pays off. Those here work hard towards a common goal...but also take the time to enjoy our 37th story downtown view! I have nothing but positive things to say about the environment at ClearSlide and the direction we are going in.

Cons

As mentioned as a pro, the interview process is in-depth. It took time and commitment, but I felt like it was worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep hiring and pushing your employees. I love the fun runs and am looking forward to more team building activities.

Other Employee Reviews for ClearSlide

"Strong Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've experienced open communication, positive and direct management, hearty quarterly stipend for exercise-related stuff, and regular charity activities (volunteering options, active events/bar events with proceeds going towards local charities)! Company seems invested in it's employees, but not in a micromanaged sense. Unlike some startups, people are not scared to step away and take a breathe when they need it. The fact that there are both unhealthy and healthy snacks blows my mind! The people here are mostly extroverts, which is definitely a fit for me personally!

Cons

As with any workplace, departments are grouped together, which results in departments not seeing as much of one another.

Advice to Management

Continue with standups and sharing updates/changes/modernizations with all locations!

"Very friendly peers, lots of learning, coaching from exec leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ClearSlide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent about 3 years at ClearSlide, and have just left for another opportunity. The decision to leave wasn’t easy:

At ClearSlide,
    - I made some of the strongest friendships in my career.
    - I also got to dive into a diverse set of problems (ranging from business to technical). This gave me a lot to learn, and significantly broadened my skills.
    - My day to day job was generally fun. This was because I earned trust of the exec team, who then gave me sufficient freedom to execute (earning trust was a process, and didn’t magically happen overnight).

After about 3 years, I decided to leave ClearSlide. The timing was right for me to get out of my comfort zone, dive into a different industry, make new friends, and grow.

Cons

During the last 3 years, I saw a number of ups and downs, I faced several challenges - some were self inflicted and others due to external factors, some were handled very well by the exec team, while others weren’t handled well. But such is life. I learned to persevere, be tenacious, and demonstrate creativity.

ClearSlide is a *startup*, don’t join if you don’t have the stomach for it.

Advice to Management

Keep a high bar when hiring. Do whatever it takes to attract and retain your best talent.