Clearbrook Agency - Working at Clearbrook is extremely rewarding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clearbrook Agency

"Working at Clearbrook is extremely rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Clearbrook Agency full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When you work for a non-profit social service agency, you don't expect to get rich however the other benefits help make up for that. I feel good about what I do every single day and I enjoy my job. No two days are ever the same and I am never, ever bored.

Cons

I cannot really think of any cons for this agency.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. This is a progressive company that continues to grow even during difficult economic times.

Other Employee Reviews for Clearbrook Agency

"Employee"

Pros

The clients are awesome to work with, there is opportunity for advancement, many programs to choose from when picking a position

Cons

The pay is general pretty low, the staff can be very rude as well as not very understanding, and in my experience the company has repeatedly tried to cheat me out of money for the hours I worked.

Advice to Management

Be more selective with what employees are hired and pay closer attention to payroll, accounts, and staff monitoring

"DSP"

Former Employee - DSP in Glenview, IL
    Former Employee - DSP in Glenview, IL

I worked at Clearbrook Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The scheduling is fantastic, and I had an overall positive experience with supervisors. The clients are very rewarding to work with.

Cons

The pay of a DSP (in general, not just at Clearbrook) is very low, and difficult to survive on. Also, the DSP's are a part of a Union, which I am not personally fond of, and I experienced the union preventing issues with staff being addressed/written up/followed up on. Some of the other staff were lazy and seemed to have a sense of entitlement.

Advice to Management

Try to ensure that all of the DSP's that are working directly with your clients and in your homes are quality staff. Monitor what the DSPs are doing in the homes. Providing a house manager position instead of completely relying on the Q's would also help.