Clearlink - I work with brilliant innovative minds. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clearlink

"I work with brilliant innovative minds."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun incentives, up and coming ideas, Free health care,

Cons

Work environment changes daily but with that comes growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with caring about your employees and increase communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Clearlink

1. "Good People, Terrible Management"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

A sales job, making commissions, decent incentives.

Cons

The management has the mentality that only sales agents should have... You are only as good as the person that can and eventually will replace you. When a company has that mentality... That means that they really don't care about you as an agent, as a team member, as a person. You are a face in the crowd that can and will be replaced, especially if you have a voice and speak up upper management gets nervous (because like I said they have the same mentality you are only as good as the next person) SO they look for any thing to target and get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Treat you agents as human beings, see value in creating not intimidating. Get over your own ego's and value people.

2. "Great place to work if committing fraud is something you're comfortable with."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay ($10/hr+commission), fun environment, lots of incentives, flexible attendance policy.

Cons

Clearlink is just a summer sales company pretending to be a call center. Your job security is entirely based off of your performance, primarily your core sales percentage and your attachments of products that customers don't call in for. If you don't have the numbers regardless of how hard you work you're gone. My manager has, on a daily basis, required I say things that aren't true to customers worded in a way that would easily be defended by saying the customer only interpreted it wrong. It's especially bad in the overflow office (swat) where employees take calls for all the brands clearlink represents. In this department managers "task" you into receiving calls determined by your overall numbers. If you're doing poorly you get tasked into receiving movearoo calls (which convert around 10%). Keeping in mind the minimum requirement is 25% to keep your job, clearlink essentially muscles you out within the first couple months through performance write-ups if you're not immediately successful. Some of the other reviews mention incentives like trips to Las Vegas. These incentives are only achievable by the absolute top reps from every department making them a pipe dream to anyone who struggles in your first month on the floor. Out of the 20 people in my training class I am one of 4 who haven't either been fired or voluntarily quit. Even on good days I go home feeling disgusted with myself because of what I'm required to do to my customers. Overall-I'd advise you steer clear of clearlink.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the coaches, they're sketchy. If I were running clearlink I would be more focused on preventing turnover, paying people to lie about what it's really like working here at job fairs and in the training groups really can't be a cost effective approach to business.

Clearlink Response

Mar 25, 2014 – PR Specialist

If there is pressure by coaches or managers to act in a way that is unethical, or you are uncomfortable with, please contact HR@clearlink.com. This is an issue that we want to make sure we are ... More