Clearwater Paper - The Ideal Internship Opportunity | Glassdoor

"The Ideal Internship Opportunity"

Former Intern - Process Engineer Intern in Shelby, NC

I worked at Clearwater Paper for less than a year

Pros

What a great opportunity it was to intern with Clearwater Paper. The experience I had was so much more than I could have ever expected and has allowed me to grow as an individual and as an engineer. The company's culture is incredibly positive and supportive of all employees, but especially of interns. I was provided great resources to succeed and given immense respect by my peers throughout this experience. I also had the opportunity to work on critical projects, take on daily responsibility, and play an active role in the development of the mill. From a growth perspective, I have developed and refined numerous skills from more technical tasks to leadership traits. I also have numerous standout resume points that show how I added value to the mill and was successful during my internship (let's be real, this is a major component in looking for an internship. If you strive to add standout experiences to your resume, there is an opportunity at Clearwater, even as an intern). At Clearwater, you are not just "an intern", you are a valued component of the team. Clearwater is a land of opportunity for aspiring engineers like myself, and truly is the ideal internship opportunity.

Cons

I honestly really do not have any downsides. This was a great experience that has benefitted myself and my career path and I am very thankful for this opportunity.

Clearwater Paper2019-08-09

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Pretty good job"

Current Employee - Lead Machine Operator in Shelby, NC

I have been working at Clearwater Paper full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is not really that physically demanding. Overtime pay and holiday pay. Competitive salary

Cons

Long shifts . Sometimes have to stay even longer to complete certain tasks

Clearwater Paper2020-02-05
  2. "A Little Confused but Their Hearts are in the Right Place"

Current Contractor - Instructional Designer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Clearwater Paper for less than a year

Pros

Given a lot of autonomy

Cons

Management conflicts between committee members

Continue reading
    Clearwater Paper2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about Clearwater Paper.