Clearwire - Outstanding until the company decided to outsource their customer care and close the call center I worked at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

"Outstanding until the company decided to outsource their customer care and close the call center I worked at."

Former Employee - Universal Resolutions Specialist in Milton, FL
Former Employee - Universal Resolutions Specialist in Milton, FL

Pros

Clearwire had a very relaxed work environment the management was awesome and the company as a whole treated everyone like adults, there was absolutely no micro-managing .

Cons

Since it is after Clearwire decided to outsource their customer support and lay off about 1500 people in the process I can't think of anything that I wouldn't consider a con at this point.

Advice to Management

Yes, I would like to let them know how horrible the reps are that replaced us. I could understand if the only problem was that they were new to the job but they are rude and the reps that were laid off were so much more customer conscience then the outsourced reps. I hope the company goes Bankrupt!!

Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire

1. "Good learning experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Best reason to work at Clearwire is the benefits

Cons

Bad communication, bad leadership, no promotional opportunities

Advice to Management

Hire better managers

2. "It's a Roller Coaster"

Current Employee - Indirect Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Indirect Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great Benefits, flexibility to create and implement your own ideas, freedom to run your own show.

Cons

Where do I begin? I am underpaid in salary compared to my peers, Pullback and Churn are OUTRAGEOUS (180 day churn will eat any chance of a decent commission check), Pay plan is purposely set to be so confusing that you are just happy to get a commission check, customer complaints are vast, no CLEAR direction of what is going to happen with company, lay off after layoff, always wanting more with less, the company promotes overpromissing and misleading in the sake of getting a sale, all sales channels are fighting against each other for sales.....the list goes on and on!

The WIMAX technology in itself was a great idea but not something meant to last long term. CLEAR had it's haydays before the other carriers deployed their 4G networks......now the company is viewed as "the MetroPCS of wireless internet." My prediction is that the company will end up sold off before the end of 2011 to SPRINT, or most/all front line employees will be laid off and the company will go to a WHOLESALE ONLY model (see "LIGHTSQUARED"). This is definately NOT THE COMPANY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CAREER, VALUE INTEGRITY, OR HAVE ANY TYPE OF MORALS. They are looking for young, single, relocatable employees that can be sold a dream and will do anything in the name of a sale (including wearing bright green SPANDEX suits).

Advice to Management

Stop screwing your employees on comp, but still expecting them to go out and produce. Fix your network, retain customers, and stop the bleeding.....but that would be too much like creating a long term plan to get the company on the right track and we know that's not the goal here. It was to get this $6bil, make some cash in the stock market, overpromote the company and gain a slew of customers, and dump this problem off on the 1st buyer that is willing, right?