Clearwire - Best company I have ever had. Best company I have ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

"Best company I have ever had. Best company I have ever worked for."

I have been working at Clearwire full-time

Pros

- Fast pace
- Empowerment available for those willing to grasp it
- Fairly flat org
- Available leadership
- High aim for transparency in comms
- Flexibility to do what you're passionate about
- Simple new values
- Extremely generous safety net in uncertain times

Cons

- Uncertain future
- Trouble past = lots of angry folks outside the company
- Still working towards consistency across leadership team in culture / style

Advice to Management

Keep investing time and money in your people as your number one priority. They'll build the networks, bring in the revenue, and fight off the wolves. Focus too much on the widgets and you'll lose what's best about Clearwire.

Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire

1. "Really enjoy working at ClearWire."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at ClearWire. The culture, people, and fast-paced environment keep coming to work each day fun. We have our share of challenges, whether it's uncertainty about the pending acquisition or funding for a big project, but in my experience that's just the way the corporate sector is today.

Reading some of the other reviews I'm not quite sure what group these folks are in, but I've never noticed anything remotely close to a "hostile" or "cut throat" environment (quite the opposite, in fact). There will also always be uncertainty and change, no matter what company/industry you're in, especially Telecomm. I think some people confuse this with poor leadership, which isn't always the case.

Thirsty Thursday events are fun, leadership brings in some food and drink and everyone gets a chance to socialize with folks outside of your normal working circles. The yearly employee appreciation day is an aboslute blast, tons of fun.

I sort of mentioned it earlier, but I've found that the people at ClearWire are fantastic. Everyone is friendly, fun, and always willing to help out.

Cons

It can be tricky at times to get the funding/resources needed to drive some projects that would benefit the business, but it's just part of the deal. Pay is about average for the industry, benefits are OK (would love to see just a PTO bucket instead of having vacation/sick/floating holidays). There aren't many options around for lunch, but it's getting better with food trucks coming during the week (minor annoyance, but worth noting).

I mentioned above about the fast pace and frequent change in direction, but honestly it's not any different than anywhere else I've worked, especially in Telecomm.

Advice to Management

Change the time off policy to have one PTO bucket instead of vacation/sick/floating holiday buckets.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, positive culture; strong senior management team; interesting work; dynamic industry that's everchanging (always something new); and, above all, a terrific group of employees who care about their work and each other.

Cons

There's some uncertainty, but most of the people who work here thrive in this type of environment. If you are someone who is looking to make a contribution and further develop your skills and experiences than you'll be happy here. If you're looking for a definitive career path than you might be happier at another company.

Advice to Management

I'd just like to say thank you for truly caring about the employees.