Clearwire - Working at Clearwire was awesome, with the most amazing teams and leaders, and people in general. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

"Working at Clearwire was awesome, with the most amazing teams and leaders, and people in general."

Former Employee - Various Positions in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Various Positions in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Clearwire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clearwire was so unique an environment that scrappy, fun, engaging, dynamic, full of recognition, with an amazing group of talent, able to ride through storms and sunny days with the same tenacity and eagerness one would want with a tech start up. The possibilities for growth and support of all types of personalities was second to none.

Cons

Truly the only down side that I can say about working at Clearwire was that the time had to end and the people go their separate ways. I would have been happy to stay there for many years and will always look back at my years there fondly

Advice to Management

I hope the management team from Clearwire takes their awesome and supportive enthusiasm to their next companies, and continues to deliver amazing leadership

Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire

1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Clearwire. I was set up through a college recruiting program ran by Kylah Searing. The entire process was fun and interactive. It was a program meant to get college grads used to work life. Exactly what I was looking for. The company culture was awesome. It was a work hard play hard culture. People shot around dart guns, messed around, had fun, pulled pranks, Thirsty Thursdays, etc. The CEO (Erik Prusch) was always around the office and would acknowledge anyone and everyone. At one company event there was whip cream pie to the face challenges. Erik was the first to get on the ground and start cleaning the cream off the floor. Great demonstration of leadership. The company put an emphasis on this by having cubicles for everyone on the same floor.

Towards the end of Clearwire Beth Taska took over as CHO. She ran a number of self development classes meant to educate and improve the live of employees inside and outside of work. She had a number of interactive exercises that I still use to day in my day to day routine when conversing with people.

The college recruitment program involved a mentorship program. It was pretty amazing because all the kids recruited from college had mentors that helped them receive new jobs at other companies after we were all laid off. I can say that my mentor was incredibly patient and taught me more than I could have learned in any other support position. My GPA is not great, but my resume and job experience trumps my college transcripts.

Cons

Its really too bad that Sprint let go of so many people that made the culture at the company. It was crazy to see how the company culture disappear over night. People walking around with vibrant smiles no longer enjoyed their time at Clearwire. I actually feel bad for those still there (I was there 8 months). However, when a company merges, this is all part of the process. No need to be bitter here. No one means anyone harm, its just business and wherever there are lay offs, there are new companies recruiting and growing everyday.

Advice to Management

After years of experience be willing to look inside for potential flaws and blind spots. Because they are there.

2. "It was amazing. Made a LOT of money!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Clearwire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clearwire let me be as creative as I wanted as long as it increased sells.

Cons

Lots of lay offs, needed to come out with cell phones.

Advice to Management

Wish we could have kept the campanula going.