Cleveland Clinic - Excellent Environment | Glassdoor

"Excellent Environment"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Research Assistant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professionalism
Good Healthcare Package
True devotion to patients

Cons

Too many regulations
Long periods required for promotion

Advice to Management

Optimize regulatory processes

Other Employee Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

"The Worst Experience of My Professional Career"

Former Employee - Research Program Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Research Program Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some great contacts and life-long friends. Gave me a whole new perspective on priorities and helped me appreciate my current and past employers even more than I already had!

Cons

I'm sure not every area is as bad as the one I was in, but this is by no means an exaggeration. There was very little respect given to employees. Many departments are ruled by fear and intimidation. I was given no tools or support to help my direct reports when they had issues. I was even told by my supervisor that instead of trying to support or help my employees I should tell them if they don't like it maybe they should just leave. It's very sad because there are some great people there with great skills, but it seems many in upper management have learned if they threaten they get what they want. And still others are more than willing to try to make co-workers look bad so that they look better. When the engagement surveys went out we were told if we didn't give high scores we would just create more work for ourselves so it's best to rate high no matter what. I honestly still find it hard to believe it was that bad and I lived it. Even after I gave my 2 week notice, I was told that I shouldn't tell people I was leaving. I'm not sure why, I will try not to speculate.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and show them respect, a little can go a long way to motivate. Be realistic with your expectations and try not to ignore the facts just because they are difficult to handle. Do not dismiss constructive solutions as being negative. Ignoring the problems do not make them go away.

2. "my experience with the Cleveland Clinic is mostly positive."

Current Employee - Clinical Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Clinical Technician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for the Cleveland Clinic comes with representing a company that is world class and prestigious. My favorite thing about working there is the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and hear stories about their lives.

Cons

The worst part about working for the Cleveland Clinic is probably the location of the facility. I don't always feel safe driving to work because of the high crime in the area. Plus, the roads in the area are really bad and they tear up your car.

Advice to Management

I have always thought it was very unfair that the Cleveland Clinic only allows staff using the clinics insurance free access to their exercise facilities. That is very unfair to the staff who currently hold their insurance through their spouses companies. You would think that the clinic would want to promote all of their staff to be healthy and not just because their purchasing their insurance through the Cleveland Clinic.