Cleveland Clinic - the dollar, not the patient or worker, is the bottom line | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cleveland Clinic

"the dollar, not the patient or worker, is the bottom line"

Former Employee - Clinical Technician in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Clinical Technician in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great physisians and technology and workers.

Cons

horable leadership.unrealistic rules and regulations

Advice to Management

remenber that the patients and workers are the ones who make thie clinic work. without them you would not have a hospital.

Other Employee Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

1. "Some good, some bad - generally frustrating overall"

Current Employee - Non-Staff Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Non-Staff Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is manageable, although, possibly below market rate. Benefits are decent. Some co-workers are friendly. My supervisor is a good guy, fair, and reasonable (i.e. very un-Clinic-like).

Cons

An abundance of politics and bureacracy is present in the work environment at all times. To many levels of management, too many cooks always stirring the soup, too many people to report to and get approval from before proceeding with anything. Plenty of preaching about one thing, and then doing the opposite. Processes are inefficient in alot of areas. In too many instances, "everyone" does their own thing and is not willing to "think like one health system" (hopefully, that is changing). There are so many projects and initiatives going on at one time that nothing can get done in a reasonable amount of time without significant unpaid overtime. I truly believe we do everything we can to give our patients the best care and overall experience. However, I think non-medical employees are not treated very well, overall.

"Worked as Finance DBA for 7 years, too many managers, worked too many hours, take advantage of salaried employees"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Independence, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people. Good charity/volunteering, involved w community. Great health benefits.

Cons

Work too many uncomenpensated hours (salary based), company disorganized for huge company, pay under scale for position. Promotes people who play the game, not the worker that gets the job done.

Advice to Management

thin out management, spend salary budget on lower level workers that get the job done, and are over worked.