Cleveland Clinic - Decent place to work | Glassdoor

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, learning center has plenty of classes to take, wellness taken very seriously

Cons

Layers upon layers of management. It felt the C suite was very transparent until recently. Now everything seems shrouded in mystery and employees are left wondering what is coming next. Flow of information varies in each department. I learn more about what is going outside my department than on the inside. Recent early retirement buyouts and layoffs are leaving some employees feeling uncertain about the future of the clinic and their jobs.

Advice to Management

Cut out some middle management. There are way too many "lower/middle" management positions that are not necessary.

Other Employee Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

1. "Great Organization - If I ever left I would certainly consider returning"

Current Employee - Quality Improvement in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Improvement in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Clinic full-time

Pros

We have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world. The culture is of innovation & questioning everything to make improvements, fearless leadership into the unknown to drive the industry, not respond to the industry. The relationships are professional & respectful, partnership & collegial at all levels. No one pulls a "I'm a Harvard grad MD" card. We work as a team, a unit. The patient population & the employee base is international..it's like working at the UN...very culturally sensitive, respectful & very interesting. We have great benefits including great health care coverage. Work/life balance is respected.

Cons

The salaries are not very competitive & it's hard to nudge your salary up because of all the tiers/structure given such a large organization.

"Nine years just like Alice--through the Looking Glass"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Clinic full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Job security is pretty good. Rules are on a "case-by-case basis" so if your boss likes you....

Cons

Totally Liberal organization. All terms used today are re-defined tomorrow if it benefits them. Rules are on a "case-by-case basis" so if your boss doesn't like you, or needs a scapegoat.... Raises are small and delayed (unless you are an MD or upper management).Egos are at full tilt.

Advice to Management

It won't help they don't listen to anyone--not even each other.