Cleveland Construction - GREAT COMPANY | Glassdoor
  1. "GREAT COMPANY"

I have been working at Cleveland Construction full-time

Pros

*Great work atmosphere. *Work office outings. *Willing to teach. *Competitive pay. *Understanding *Family oriented

Cons

No cons. It's up to you to learn & keep the position hired for.

Cleveland Construction2018-03-23

Other Employee Reviews

"Your Opportunities Are Unlimited"

Current Employee - PM/Estimating in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Construction full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Richard Small, the original CEO and founder of Cleveland Construction was a person that I am honored to have had the opportunity to meet and call my friend. His vision for the company was no less then he was, GRAND, he wanted Cleveland Construction to become the largest drywall contractor in the United States in a short order. That vision was achieved. He is deeply missed by all who really knew him. I started working in my father's business in New Orleans, Louisiana as a Lather apprentice in 1965. It is here that I learned my trade, how men work and how they worked even harder at not working. I gained management experience working for John Thomson & Son in Miami, New Orleans Plastering Company for the Bolton family, Aetna Drywall in Ft. Lauderdale for Robert Watkins, Design Construct Systems Corporation in New Orleans, Precision Walls in Orlando and Cleveland Construction in Orlando, Cleveland, Charlotte, Cincinnati and now in Columbus. With my 53 years of continuous experience both working in the field and running offices, I can step back and see how most decisions effect owners, management, office staffs and the field. I have been with Cleveland Construction for the past 20 years during which I have held the duties of Office Manager, Project Manager, Estimator and Fireman. Cleveland Construction and Small Brothers (owners) is a great and wonderful company to work for. They and their father have always made me feel more as a friend than an employee. The company has provided the opportunity to learn, grow and experience things that most interior companies cannot afford to provide its workers. Cleveland Construction offers people the opportunity to start wherever their skill allows and provided the tools necessary for you to climb the ladder to your maximum limits. Whatever they may be. The salaries and benefits they offer are in most cases better than most other companies. I have seen some reviews here talking about traveling. Yes, you will travel a lot, as they are a National Interior Contractor and a rapidly growing National General Contractor. Your growth opportunities with Cleveland Construction can only be matched by a few other Large National Contractors. Because of the financial strength and planned future of Cleveland Construction you can start as an apprentice and retire near the top of your field without changing jobs to achieve your goals. ps - Traveling is not a bad thing, it allows you to gain knowledge of how other locations do things which may sometimes be better than how you presently do things. It's called learning and learning can only help your value to the company rise.

Cons

To tell the truth, after 20 years there is not really an important issue that I can call a CON. If you are looking for a career - "YOU HAVE FOUND IT" - They can only provide the door. it is up to you to walk through and learn.

Continue reading
    Cleveland Construction2018-02-22
  2. "Carpenters apprentice"

Journeyman Carpenter in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Construction for more than 3 years

Pros

All about there employees

Cons

Traveling lots of time away from home

Cleveland Construction2018-09-07

Discover more reviews about Cleveland Construction.