CliftonLarsonAllen - Great experience, wonderful office culture - fun, young group | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CliftonLarsonAllen

"Great experience, wonderful office culture - fun, young group"

Pros

Many opportunities to get involved with various projects both in tax and audit. Every manager and partner I worked with was more than willing to answer questions. During tax season, I didn't usually stay past 7pm and no later than 2pm on Saturdays.

Cons

At CLA, an entry level accountant must be pooled - meaning they work in both tax and audit. If an individual really likes one area over the other, it seems as though they don't have a choice but to do both. While I think this is beneficial as far as having a broad understanding of both areas, it can also be frustrating if you really like one area more than the other.

Other Employee Reviews for CliftonLarsonAllen

1. "Good for individuals looking for some public accounting experience"

I have been working at CliftonLarsonAllen full-time

Pros

Allows you to get public accounting experience

Cons

Doesn't pay as well as larger public accounting firms

"Not the place it used to be..."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CliftonLarsonAllen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is very good for what I do (but the benefits...not so much) and the work/life balance and flexibility were wonderful. But that's where it ends.

Cons

If you are a female, you have no chance of making it in the good old boys network, particularly if you're not in Minneapolis. This was not a merger, but a takeover. And all of the culture and values that were once Clifton Gunderson have been stripped away to leave nothing left but a firm that is only concerned with the bottom line. There is no chance to move up in the company if you aren't in Minneapolis or if you are a woman...unless its a role that is deemed as more female centric, but if you're not in Minneapolis, it won't matter anyway. I've seen great quality people get let go. Cronyism is a part of everyday vocabulary. Its sad, I used to love coming to work.

Advice to Management

Try honesty once in a while.