ClubCorp - I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an employee with Club Corp. Club Corp really knows how to treat their employees. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for ClubCorp

"I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an employee with Club Corp. Club Corp really knows how to treat their employees."

Former Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC

I worked at ClubCorp part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The relationships that were built with fellow employees and members of the club were truly priceless. On top of those being able to use the club for personal events at a discounted rate. Even though I was not able to take advantage of this opportunity, it is truly an excellent opportunity.

Cons

Extremely late shifts. Most of the time after working a wedding I would not get off until 3-4am.

Advice to Management

Organization is key! I have had excellent managers and average managers. The difference was simple, setting clear goals and objectives to achieve the task.

Other Employee Reviews for ClubCorp

1. "It really is all about the money!!"

Former Employee - Service Director
    Former Employee - Service Director

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great members; A large network of clubs; 50% off meals.

Cons

When the company was sold by the Dedman family, it became all about the money. Department heads are constantly hounded about their labor dollars and are expected to work 6 and 7 day weeks. The health/dental benefits are the worst in the industry. Corporate support is severely lacking and employee morale is dangerously low. Instead of spending the money to buy more clubs, take the time to repair the existing clubs and their employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee partners!! They are on the front line everyday with the members and they truly care!! They are the #1 asset of ClubCorp.

2. "Fun Environment, long hours, disconnected from corporate."

I have been working at ClubCorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relationships with members and making professional connections. Fun environment.

Cons

Management doesn't listen to the field when promoting new ideas/programs. Only way to move up is Food and Beverage area. Low pay, no bonuses, always watching every little expense.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees in the field. They will know how things will work or not work in their club. Be open to advancing employees who are great managers but are not F&B experts. They may be great at new things (social media, networking, relatioinships with clients).