ClubCorp - Excellent Experience | Glassdoor

"Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Membership Director in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Membership Director in Dayton, OH

I worked at ClubCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic training, opportunity to move within company to beautiful locations, very supportive of salespeople.

Cons

None; this is truly a wonderful company. I know that my predecessor felt pressured to sell but that's what we are hired to do-sell. In sales, you reap what you sow.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I loved my job; I performed quite successfully because of the fantastic support from ClubCorp. My boss at the club was wonderful as was the VP of Sales for the company. I regret leaving every day. I had the chance to meet CEO Eric Affeldt in person while in training in Dallas (which was amazing) and he was intriguing-started out as a towel boy and worked his way up. I'll never forget his story.

Other Employee Reviews for ClubCorp

1. "I worked as a typical server, the work was physically demanding but the conditions weren't bad."

Current Employee - Pool Server in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Pool Server in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at ClubCorp part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free food, sometimes fun to hang out with the other staff. sometimes lulls where I don't have to do any work. Some benefits with using ClubCorp facilities.

Cons

low pay, no tips, sometimes obnoxious customers. work got canceled when the weather was bad because I worked outside

Advice to Management

generally doing a good job

2. "I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an employee with Club Corp. Club Corp really knows how to treat their employees."

Former Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC

I worked at ClubCorp part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The relationships that were built with fellow employees and members of the club were truly priceless. On top of those being able to use the club for personal events at a discounted rate. Even though I was not able to take advantage of this opportunity, it is truly an excellent opportunity.

Cons

Extremely late shifts. Most of the time after working a wedding I would not get off until 3-4am.

Advice to Management

Organization is key! I have had excellent managers and average managers. The difference was simple, setting clear goals and objectives to achieve the task.