CoStar Group - Great place to make friends | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

"Great place to make friends"

I have been working at CoStar Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits and efforts to create engaging social atmosphere but it needs to come from the top, not just from those employed to do damage control

Cons

I have tried looking past how stressful the work atmosphere can be with unrealistic goals that you get constantly confronted for obviously not being able to meet because of the people that do care enough to put a lot of effort into employee engagement and benefits. The office was on liberal leave the past 2 days during what was supposed to be a hurricane--most of the area was fine, but in a city like DC, employees commute from all over and surely some were actually affected. Most importantly, almost all employees use public transportation which was shut down. Instead of feeling sorry for most employees being forced to use vacation time and not be normally paid for 2 days, the CEO sent out a company-wide email "thanking" the employees who did make it in "despite drizzle and 12 mph winds". If he only had access to public transportation and made $40,000 I wonder what he would have done. I don't have any hard feelings and do like my job and what I have gotten out of my experience, but I hope he regrets the diction in his email and realizes that just because he doesn't depend on public transportation doesn't mean the employees that drive his company don't.

Advice to Management

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Other Employee Reviews for CoStar Group

1. "CoStar has great people, but your experience depends ALL on your manager."

I worked at CoStar Group full-time

Pros

-Good company benefits
    -Top notch facility
    -Lots of friendly people that are easy to get along with

Cons

-Micromanagement like crazy
    -No room for error at all
    -Low pay

Advice to Management

Try to bring in a new generational approach in respect to talent and change from your oldschool mentality.

2. "Research Associate"

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome people to work around. It's a young enviroment with a lot cool perks. Over it is a good first time job.

Cons

I just did not like the work that I was doing, it was like a call center.

Advice to Management

Have no advice