Cobec Consulting - A terrific company with a chance to be even more | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A terrific company with a chance to be even more"

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, and being treated like an adult. Management gives a lot of work flexibility - manage your work and client, and be a good teammate, and management does not impose much bureaucracy on their own. In that way Cobec is the best place I have ever worked at. Also, given the industry - the firm is unusually collegial.

Cons

The company is rapidly growing - and so there is some tension between practices and communication which worked with a 20 person company with mostly local folks and what works with a 60 person firm with employees living across the country.

May 18, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback and being a loyal team member!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Corporate Operations Associate"

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Cobec for a little over a month and I must say that it is a company that cares about its people. I was warmly welcomed before I officially started, and that says a lot about the company's culture. In January, Cobec paid for their employees and family members to enjoy Wintergreen Resorts in Rosedale, VA. I don't hear too often about company's investing in their employees the way Cobec does. They've created a family environment, which leads to greater productivity for the company.

Cons

There are no cons.

May 18, 2018

People are Cobec's most important asset. We are happy to invest in our most valuable resources. Wintergreen has been one of my favorite ways to show our gratitude. Thanks for taking the time to... More

2. "Believe the hype"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ideas abound, and Cobec's management welcomes energetic, enthusiastic employees that will take these ideas and run with them. Cobec works hard at creating an entrepreneurial and fun culture while maintaining focus on the satisfaction of its clients. The company strives to hire employees for the long run, not just the latest contract win, and despite the company's size, it strives to provide many opportunities for growth, learning, and advancement.

Cons

Not really, other than perhaps the same challenges any consulting company faces, esp. in government (e.g., budget cuts, competitive contracting landscape). But these are mostly external factors.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Jun 1, 2017 – CEO

So much of our company is our employees. We will continue to do our best to give them what they need. This is what brings out their best! Work/Family balance is a cornerstone belief for us at Cobec... More

Discover more reviews about Cobec Consulting.