Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated - Not disgruntled but confused | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

"Not disgruntled but confused"

Former Employee - Rct Driver in Conway, SC
Former Employee - Rct Driver in Conway, SC

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

average pay co-workers/peers fun to work with

Cons

Management will lie to you, never say anything to you until they do as they did with me terminate you. Was hired as a full time employee, which they like to hire you part-time, to keep from giving you any benefits. Worked there 5 days short of my probationary period, no write ups, no repramands, no disciplanary actions, no nothing then bam we have to TERMINATE YOU. Reason: not abiding to company policy. See above about never any troubles

Advice to Management

No advice to management but advice to CEO check your people out and I grant you will be shocked

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

1. "You are only as good as your last good month."

I have been working at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great bosses and co-workers. Having Coca-Cola on your resume can't hurt.

Cons

Upper management (Director level and up) seem to have forgotten what it takes to run the day to day operation.ds. Everyone is pushed to save money and beat budget, which is great and what we are paid to do. The problem is that if you fail to do this for a month or two, even if you have succeeded in the preceeding months or even years, you have to worry about your job, especially if you are not the just out of college type. You are given rediculous budgets to meet, based on inaccurate data, and then held accountable to them. Upper Management will never admit they made a mistake, they will just change the rules of the game and then place blame elsewhere. (I am generallizing here, but this is not necessarily true for all of upper management. There are some good ones out there!)
    The CEO of the company speaks of God and being a Servant Leader, I believe that he truly means that. I see it in the hourly employees and Lower/Middle Management. I do not see it in upper management. I see a lot of politics (I know some of that is necessary, but it's too much and very self-serving at times.) and a lot covering ones behind. I do not see the honesty, humility, morality and servitude the company prides itself on.
    It's a shame, because some levels of the company have it right. But some have it very wrong, and do not practice what the company preaches. I think we will still be very successful as a company, but there is a stigma that goes along with it. We must be careful with our success, honor God in everything we do, and make sure the others around us are doing the same.

Advice to Management

Look closely around you.The person sitting across the conference table from you may not be the leader that you think he/she is. Ask questions. Find out.

2. "Loader/Packer"

Former Employee - Loader/Packer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Loader/Packer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the hours I worked.

Cons

The pay was not very good but it was ok

Advice to Management

N/A