Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated - You are only as good as your last good month. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

"You are only as good as your last good month."

I have been working at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great bosses and co-workers. Having Coca-Cola on your resume can't hurt.

Cons

Upper management (Director level and up) seem to have forgotten what it takes to run the day to day operation.ds. Everyone is pushed to save money and beat budget, which is great and what we are paid to do. The problem is that if you fail to do this for a month or two, even if you have succeeded in the preceeding months or even years, you have to worry about your job, especially if you are not the just out of college type. You are given rediculous budgets to meet, based on inaccurate data, and then held accountable to them. Upper Management will never admit they made a mistake, they will just change the rules of the game and then place blame elsewhere. (I am generallizing here, but this is not necessarily true for all of upper management. There are some good ones out there!)
The CEO of the company speaks of God and being a Servant Leader, I believe that he truly means that. I see it in the hourly employees and Lower/Middle Management. I do not see it in upper management. I see a lot of politics (I know some of that is necessary, but it's too much and very self-serving at times.) and a lot covering ones behind. I do not see the honesty, humility, morality and servitude the company prides itself on.
It's a shame, because some levels of the company have it right. But some have it very wrong, and do not practice what the company preaches. I think we will still be very successful as a company, but there is a stigma that goes along with it. We must be careful with our success, honor God in everything we do, and make sure the others around us are doing the same.

Advice to Management

Look closely around you.The person sitting across the conference table from you may not be the leader that you think he/she is. Ask questions. Find out.

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

1. "Loader/Packer"

Former Employee - Loader/Packer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Loader/Packer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the hours I worked.

Cons

The pay was not very good but it was ok

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Autonomy
    Independent working conditions

Cons

Long hours
    Heavy manual labor