Coca-Cola Company - Do not work for Coca Cola!!!!!!!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Do not work for Coca Cola!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Sale Center in Asbury Park, NJ
Former Employee - Sale Center in Asbury Park, NJ

Pros

The only thing coke has is its name. When you tell someone you work at Coke, they think its great

Cons

Everything. The management is horrible!!!!!!!!! They don't know what there are doing!! The only good thing is that they aren't on top of you. But they will take advantage of you. Brown nosin is the only way to get ahead in this bull sh** company. The pay isn't that great, but what annoys me is when they do a reorganization. You have to reapply for your job and if you do keep your job its at reduced pay. And there is a lot of discrimination and if you do complain to your boss or to human resources they do absolutely nothing.
The benefits aren't that great, and depending on your position the hours suck. They hire incompetent employees that start at the same pay as someone whose been there for at least five years.
Not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

You need to hire competent managers and you need to increase the wages of the employees not those in management

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"No appreciation"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Recogntion of brand. Ability to make a difference with our customers. The people within the facilities were absolutely great to work with. I am humbled to have worked with such great and hospitable people. The treat visitors from other units and areas with a great deal of respect. At the street level, managers and supervisors really did care for their employees. Unfortunatley, the pressures from Senior Management pressured our sales center managers, DSMs, etc. to manage differently. Some managers were great at shielding their employees from that pressure. Unfortunately, we have a number of managers who did not do enough and were only in it for their own self-preservation.

Cons

Lack of vision and strategy on behalf of senior management. We change our focus like we change our underwear. We also have an inability to have the tough conversation with employees. Many policies take away empowerment from employees. Current management manages according to KBI and scorecards, not to customer feedback. CCE also does a terrible job of recognizing employees. Absolutely no appreciation from the top!

The biggest frustration is a lack of focus. CCE does not have a central customer service purpose to go by. On one hand we preach doing anything for the customer, yet we punish our employees when they do because it ruins our KBIs.

The hardest thing for employees CCE is work/life balance, especially during the summer. The amount of pay we receive divided by the number of hours worked by employees is commensurate with the effort given.

People are very passionate for the brand, but not at the expense of the sacrifice made to get the work done.

Advice to Management

Become more customer focused. Recognize people more often.

"Would not recommend Coca-Cola"

Current Employee - Systems Programmer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Programmer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Free soda, is the only reason I can think of. Stock options for stock that is stagnant.

Cons

It's run like an institution from the 1930's. They walk the halls to see when you come in, leave & return from lunch, etc. yet are always ready to reprimand you if you arrive late. Management tends to bully. Ridiculous hours required to get your work assignments done.

Advice to Management

Your work environment is a contradiction to the image you try to display to the world via the main stream media.