Coca-Cola Company - the experience was awesome, I am proud to do work in coca cola comany | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"the experience was awesome, I am proud to do work in coca cola comany"

Current Employee - Sales in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
Current Employee - Sales in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Pros

They gave me the real work to do.
They insipre me to give my best .
They help me when i was in trouble.
They guide me how to do work in market.
They teach me the lesson not to make false promise to the customers.

Cons

They did not have the proper interaction with the retaliers.
The top management did not praise the market developer who did a brilliant job .
When an market developer break the counter of pepsi and coke is sold there although he is not getting the freeze.

Advice to Management

when a new STL came he/she tried to do everything for his / her promotion without knowing the market and that thing spoil the whole market.
Every retalier should know who is the STL of his area.
The problem of the customer should be short out as early as possible.
Management should motivate his employees with the help of monetary.

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Great company and very demanding. They expect your best at all times"

Pros

Great company and very demanding. They expect your best at all times and expect to multi task very often and prioritize your days

Cons

you will work many hours and have to juggle many different priorities at once and be detail oriented and be prompt

"Fun while it lasted..."

Current Employee - Market Development Manager
    Current Employee - Market Development Manager

Pros

- #1 most recognized brand on the planet
    - Company isn't going anywhere...at least for a long, long time
    - Decent 401K benefits

Cons

- micro-managed about everything; time, sales calls, promos, cooler placements, etc.
    - Work/life balance. I could probably work 60-70 hours per week and never get caught up
    - constant change. I mean constant. Promos in/out, rerouting, etc.
    - losing company vehicles and gas card
    - way too much expected in the time given;
    - way too many promos micromanaged on a daily/weekly basis
    - weekly meetings and trainings on how they want to to talk/sell
    - it is no longer a sales position. Feels like you are just going through the motions to get things done
    - too much stress (well, that is if you actually care about doing a good job. I do)

Basically, the job is to sell in as many Coca-Cola items (items on the hot list are tracked regionally), coolers, vending machines, fountain, bar guns, marketing agreements, contracts, ambient racks, combo deals, etc. all current customers.

Then, half of your time is to be spent opening up new business, visiting "forced sales calls" through campaigns (that say...go here...try and them this. Did you? What was the outcome?) to new/existing customers (all micromanaged) repeating the steps above, and managing your time enough to handle any curve balls thrown your way in the day; coolers breaking down, deliveries not being made, support tickets sent from the call center, new leads sent your way from the call center, meetings with potential customers, phone calls, updating weekly reports on everything that is micro-managed as far as numbers, sales, etc.

Honestly, half the time I'm happy to hit at least 2-3 of the top to-do items on my list. We just don't have the time to do everything that is expected. It's insanity. I miss the time when I could be a salesperson and be creative and use my brain to help drive sales. Not that I'm saying people here don't have brains it's just that I'm a creative and competitive person and I feel my skills are fading away. I just don't feel the pride in the work anymore.

I think they should just go old-school and simply grade us on sales. Increase sales. Great. If my sales decrease, and I have multiple quarters or even a year of decline, then just let me go. I mean, the mentality of this is already there, but I think that Coca-Cola is trying to hang on to that great image of being COCA-COLA. It is very clear that will all the changes they have done with the employees and what is expected of us that it is only about the bottom-line. Employees are going to get more bitter of the years and they will lose great talent. I can honestly see some trends of what other big companies had done in the past and are no longer around. They just need to make a decision to go hardcore cut-throat sales, or lessen the load on the staff and let us have FUN selling again.

Advice to Management

Remember your employees. Remember your loyal customers. Remember that you are the most recognized brand on the planet. People should be excited to come and work for your company.