Coca-Cola Company - Good place to build a resume | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Good place to build a resume"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Account Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is ok. You can make an average living.
Decent benefits
One of the most recognized trade marks in the world
Looks good on a resume

Cons

1. Pay - Pay at CCR is below that of similar companies.
2. Auto policy - They require account managers to buy a new car (five years old or newer). They require it to be worth a certain amount (18,000). However, the reimbursment policy falls way short of covering the cost of owning the vehicle. You end up driving your car into the ground for the company and end up with a worthless piece of junk. This policy resulted in a $10,000 a year loss in income.
3. Hours - If you are in an account manager position, be prepared to spend 60-70 hours a week TRYING to get the job done properly. Understaffing causes each territory to contain way too many accounts. This may not be terrible when you are young and single, but when you have a family; work life balance is impossible to achieve. There is zero respect for your personal time, and they violate it 24/7.
4. Management - Most managers are good people with good intentions. However, self promotion and preservation are their top priorities. They only want to hear that things are great. If you come to them with a problem, you are labled as a "boat rocker". They give a PC response and send you on your way. They no longer see their employees as people, but rather a tool to advance their careers. And watch out for the ego-maniacs.
5. Diversity - While diversity is important, CCR takes it to the extreme. At my branch, management completely overlooks white males when it comes to development and promotion. They openly state that they are filling a position with a diversity candidate regardless of experience and ability. I personally was told not to apply for a position because they were looking for a diversity candidate. I have alsmost seven years of experience at the branch, a college degree, and an excellent work record. I was passed over in favor of a hispanic person with only three years experience and no experience in my market. FYI, if you are female or non white, this is an excellent company to build a career with. They do go the extra mile to promote a diverse work force.
6. The Account Manager position - CCR is trying to promote this position as a white collar, professional position. Make no mistake, THIS IS A BLUE COLLAR ROUTE SALES JOB! You will work your butt off! It is physical, dirty, and demanding. Don't be mis-led by the hiring manager.
7. Hard work is not valued - As wierd as it may seem, busting your tail and getting the job done right is looked down upon. Management is completely out of touch with what it takes to win in this position and therefore end up hiring the wrong type of person. I have never seen anything like it!
8. In-fighting between departments - Fighting between departments is horrible. Their is no accountability or cooperation. Instead, there are deliberate attempts to make each other look bad.

Advice to Management

1 .Increase pay and staffing. You are not going to win with a culture of poeple who hate their job.
2 Don't forget about white employees. Diversity is great, but hiring someone based only on their color or gender is not the answer and is counter productive. Look within!
3. Take a good look at the abilities of your front line managers. Are they really qualified?
4. Creating a better work life balance will go a long way in fixing what is a broken culture.
5. Remember that your employees are poeple. We have families, hopes, dreams, and ambitions. Most importantly, we are what makes the machine function. Don't just flush away those hard working tenured employees who don't look the way you want them to. Remember the years of loyal service that made you what you are. Remember that we are also your customers!

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

1. "Maintenance Planner"

Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are very good here.

Cons

Long hours and long days.

2. "Proud to be a part of such a well-known company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well versed in the sales and marketing world - GREAT experience and chance to learn from a company that is obviously doing something right, even in a struggling economy. Strong team players and the entire branch is involved with making sure the customer is happy along with the consumer.

Cons

Takes FOREVER to get anything set-up once you first begin with the company. Took me over two months to get my business cards! Some of the people love to tattle and get HR involved in everything, which eventually leads to meaningless meeting after meeting making sure we "solve our differences".

Advice to Management

Have a company standard way to bring new employees on board and get them trained correctly. Make sure you acknowledge success and there needs to be free vending to each branch where everyone works BEYOND their limits and deserves free product of something they are putting their life and time into