Coca-Cola Company - Used to be great | Glassdoor

"Used to be great"

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with some awesome people so that is a plus. I have been able to tele-work for over six years, but that is quickly going to the "con' column because now we are required to come into the office a lot more. The vacation is compettive. The biggest 'pro' is the company name.

Cons

I used to work for CCNA (Coca-Cola North America) but we mergered with CCE (Coca-Cola Enterprises) in 2010. We were given the message that we (CCR- Coca-Cola Refreshments) were going to be an even better company. How wrong that message was! We were kept in limbo for months on if we would even have a job or not. Since then management at all levels have changed several times. We were forced to be job bands instead of job grades which means you could get a new job, but not be offered any more money. Profits are up, but percentage for raises is down. We have a new Paid Time Off/absentee policy in which we require points. We have no flexibity anymore and we are micro-managed to death. It is extremely hard to move up the ladder. You cannot get an answer for any question because no one knows anything. Policies change on a weekly basis and often contradict each other.

Advice to Management

My advice is to stop trying to change things before you have a clear plan. You cannot have people that know nothing about processes changing those processes. Have people that actually do the work provide input. Treat the mid-level and frontline people better. These are the people that carry out the non-glamorous work. These are the people that interact with customers every day. Recognize people for a job well done.

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Micro Management!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Easy Work, Customers were very fun to deal with.

Cons

Outside of the box thinking not allowed. I continually hit my exceeded my goals but was treated as though I was down 20%. The Denver management is horrible. The are sneaky and for some reason feel the need to make everyone on the sales forces lives miserable.

Advice to Management

Look heavily at the management in Denver. I know that the company is good, but at this location, you have problems.

2. "Accounting positions at Shared Services"

Current Employee - Accountant in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and fair salaries.

Cons

High stress lavel and lack of traning. The place is a sweet shop that takes advantage of the employees.