Coca-Cola Company - Job Has Changed........FOR THE WORSE!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Job Has Changed........FOR THE WORSE!!!!!"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Brand Name, Good 401k

Cons

DSM Salary is too low, compeition pays their DSM's at least 10-15k more and they aren't as micromanaged. CCNA is trying to drop CCR like a hot potato as they have been showcasing the company on trade visits to investors from the Middle East & China. Bad when an American company like CCR is trying to sell their company internationally where they could possibly clean house. Bad enough that rumors are that everyone in management will have to reapply for their jobs next year and if your'e lucky to keep your job they will move you to a different department or sales center. Even though CCE had its faults, This company was run better and focused more on customer value when it was CCE.

Advice to Management

Stop Micromanaging!!!!!! Raise pay for management positions..... DSM's shouldnt make less than their subordinates.......

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

1. "Rewarding Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities; great benefits and discounts, perks; many challenging and exciting projects to collaborate with different people from different groups; great networking opportunities; opportunities to hear great speeches

Cons

Hours can be long; sometimes stressful due to very short turn around time; legal involved in everything we do which does slow down the process sometimes (but I understand that it's a big global company so we are a big target and need to be careful to protect our reputation).

2. "Used to be great"

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work with some awesome people so that is a plus. I have been able to tele-work for over six years, but that is quickly going to the "con' column because now we are required to come into the office a lot more. The vacation is compettive. The biggest 'pro' is the company name.

Cons

I used to work for CCNA (Coca-Cola North America) but we mergered with CCE (Coca-Cola Enterprises) in 2010. We were given the message that we (CCR- Coca-Cola Refreshments) were going to be an even better company. How wrong that message was! We were kept in limbo for months on if we would even have a job or not. Since then management at all levels have changed several times. We were forced to be job bands instead of job grades which means you could get a new job, but not be offered any more money. Profits are up, but percentage for raises is down. We have a new Paid Time Off/absentee policy in which we require points. We have no flexibity anymore and we are micro-managed to death. It is extremely hard to move up the ladder. You cannot get an answer for any question because no one knows anything. Policies change on a weekly basis and often contradict each other.

Advice to Management

My advice is to stop trying to change things before you have a clear plan. You cannot have people that know nothing about processes changing those processes. Have people that actually do the work provide input. Treat the mid-level and frontline people better. These are the people that carry out the non-glamorous work. These are the people that interact with customers every day. Recognize people for a job well done.