Coca-Cola Company - Right idea, wrong execution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Right idea, wrong execution"

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Descent pay, career advancement opportunities (if you're willing to move around), the company has the right ideas in place for growth.

Cons

Sales reps have too many accounts in a day to execute the "Look of success" on a day to day basis. I average 13-16 a day and upper managers say 30-45 mins per small store account. theres no way, closer to 50-65 mins per store to do what they want you to do. Upper management starting from District sales manager and up have NO IDEA what their account managers have to do every day. Recently they have removed the relief sales rep from the small store side. So we are writing "blind orders" for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month out. Get out your crystal ball and predict the weather along with regular random occurrences. It will be impossible to be at all accurate. And customers are furious, they don't believe for a minute that this is in their benefit. It's a cost cutting measure.

Advice to Management

Give your small store account managers 6-10 stops a day so they can execute the great ideas you have in place. Right now they're ideas because no one can actually do them. Monetarily reward your employees more often. One or two rediculious rewards a year that one person in the entire market unit wins is not even worth it.

Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

"Stressful, stressful, stressful"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Resume Builder
    -Semi-Flexible Hours (Good for Doctor Appts, etc.)
    -Vacation Time starts at 3 weeks & 3 Floating Holidays

Cons

Currently the Company is still undergoing the transition from the purchase of CCE. Cutting back is the name of the game. We have lost company cars, benefits have changed, positions have been cut and workloads doubled, reduction of merchandising labor causes for store service complaints and the fun of this business has been sucked out of it. The turnover is getting ridiculous, many employees are leaving the Company due to these changes and lack of care for them.
    Additionally, there are very long hours. If you are in sales, PSS, or merchandising you are always on call. Just because you are off doesn't mean you don't take phone calls or have to solve problems, 55+ hours per week is the minimum.

Advice to Management

Put your people first. Your people are the foundation of this company. Get rid of Monthly Priorities and let us sell. Company cars, bring them back, we drive so many miles and shouldn't have to eat the expense on our end. Or pay us Federal mileage, like Pepsi does for their employees.
    Give stores more service when needed, I know Merchandising labor is expensive but Pepsi has people camped out in stores all day and are getting the displays because of it.

"Frequent restructuring and layoffs. No incentives."

Pros

Recognized name globally and tastes great

Cons

Must be female and minority to advance