Codero - Best Kept Secret; A great gem of a company, having lots of fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Codero

"Best Kept Secret; A great gem of a company, having lots of fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Codero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work environment. Some of the best talent out there in all disciplines. Some really innovative things are going on that change the industry. Really good products, and hard problems to solve everyday keeps everyone going. Management is really sharp, involved, and friendly from the CEO on down. Everyone is really approachable. I am lucky to be working with industry luminaries like Emil, Chandler, and Robert. Amazing. Bonuses are very much appreciated as well.

Cons

Short staffed in some technical functions, which causes some strain on work. High workload.

Advice to Management

Hire more people where we are strained. But also, Keep the new products pumping. Very happy with the new smart server, cloud, and hybrid products. Good move in expanding the space in Austin but we may even need bigger and better space.

Other Employee Reviews for Codero

"Management team needs to learn more if they want to really IPO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Codero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best support staff I've worked with in the hosting industry and teamwork is really there at the company.

Cons

Management has no clue what they want when hiring for a new role and aims for almost impossible goals even though they know it.
    Most of the management team has been their since the Aplus.net days and therefore seem not to try and change their old ways of doing business.
    Turnover rate high, I witnessed a newly hired sales executive quit after a week and an amazing recruiter get fired after a couple months. Job stability is definitely not there, and anytime the CEO gets anger at you its probably time he wants to fire you as well.

Advice to Management

As of the previous reviewers stated, send the CEO to an anger management class. I personally experienced the tirades, rants, and work harassment that has been posted about him. Change your management way of thinking, the company will never IPO if managment cannot even handle how to better themselves into the future, they were great at disapproving change for the better.

"Great, and getting better everyday"

Current Employee - Level I Tech in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Level I Tech in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Codero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first company I have worked in that has really given me an opportunity to grow and learn. Thats not necessarily because of some structured, pre-ordained method they have... its because they still operate as a small company. That means there is opportunity to shine (all the way up to getting noticed by the CEO) in pretty much anything you do.

Pay is fair. The work is challenging. And if you believe in having a job where you get to learn new things and take care of customers by solving problems all day, you'll love it.

Cons

Working at Codero is like jumping into deep pool with both feet... and not knowing how far down the water is, or how deep the pool will be. You will have to jump into areas that you may not be 100% comfortable with. And for that, its not for the faint of heart. But honestly for someone wired to grow their knowledge of technology, all of that is just opportunity.

The business is growing which means that more and more servers come online, and more and more customers come knocking. This can be a little stressful as we try to hire new support staff, but management is working hard to do so from what I can tell.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company. Keep hiring great people. Continue making sure that the little guys get opportunities to break out into new areas.