Codero - Great co-workers, HORRIBLE management, a dream is not reality | Glassdoor

"Great co-workers, HORRIBLE management, a dream is not reality"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Codero full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product ideology is sound for the future of the market. COO is one of the best execs I've had the privilege to work with. Benefits start day 1.

Cons

Senior management is stuck in their past experiences and lacks perspective they are not playing amongst the big boys like they think they are. Reality is they are a budget provider running spiffs that attract the exact opposite of the target buyer they say they are after. Marketing lacks vision as the CEO holds a firm grip over them yet accepts no responsibility but rather goes on tirades (see previous reviews)... belittling employees. High turn over in Sales due to culture lead by fear and negativity from the top. Putting a six pack of beer in the fridge for fridays and a keurig coffee machine is not culture. ZERO work/life balance. Expect long hours upfront and after 50-60+ hours expect to put in additional hours on the weekend to cover a chat system that bears little to no fruit. Expect emails at all hours from management. Ultimately this was the most negative and degrading experience I've had. Not just for myself but others who left as well. The only employees that are happy are those that don't interact with the CEO on a regular basis if at all.

Advice to Management

Get some executive coaching for the CEO or find a real C-Level exec that knows how to lead and treat others with dignity and respect. Hire an HR department, having the CEO as acting HR is not a healthy environment. The new VP of Marketing needs to reconstruct everything though he probably won't be allowed by the CEO. Come to the realization that your greatest asset in leadership is the COO as he's well respected... and knows how to instill vision. Hire a VP of Sales and trust them to get the job done while allowing them sufficient time to get the ship back on course. Stop trying to build the plane while flying it...only results in a plane crash. The board would be smart to start paying attention to these consistent negative reviews instead of trying cover up the black eye with make-up.

Codero2014-04-12

Codero Response

April 18, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. As always, feedback is always cherished and is considered a huge asset at Codero. I want to personally thank you for the feedback, and we wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors, with all the respect and gratitude for your service to Codero.

Other Employee Reviews

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Codero full-time

Pros

Very engaging, friendly, and fun work.

Cons

The pay could be a bit higher to meet the same standard as other companies who require near the same skill level to operate effectively.

Codero2018-04-22

"Great things happening at Codero!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Codero full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's been a lot of changes over the last 12 months but all for the good! The Executive leadership at this company is outstanding and has a very clear vision of where the company is headed. I'm relatively new to the organization but it is truly an exciting time to be a part of the Codero mission! This is a company that genuinely cares about providing the best possible service to its customers and because of... that is positioned to do great things in the short term and in the years to follow!!

Cons

I seriously do not know of any at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Codero2017-10-09

Discover more reviews about Codero.