Codero - An Opportunity Of A Lifetime... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Codero

"An Opportunity Of A Lifetime..."

Former Employee - Designer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Designer in Austin, TX

I worked at Codero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you come to work at Codero the opportunities for advancement and personal growth (technically & professionally) are huge.

Obvious pro's work you'll get to work with some very smart people who have helped build many other hosting providers in this industry. Hosting is hard, especially with companies like Amazon, Google, and Microsoft entering the fray. Yes you can go work at places like those or Rackspace, Softlayer, etc and just be a drone but at Codero you can truly make a big impact, and make a significant difference. The development and support teams at Codero are poised for greatness and if you're up for it you can be a part of it.

Other good pro's are the health benefits are <em>very</em> good. Also the career ladder is certainly there for those who want to move up provided they work for it.

Within 3-5 years you will hear of Codero along the likes of Rackspace, Solidfire et al. The management team in place ahs done it before at these companies and they'll do it again. it's a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that's going to be big. But don't expect it to be easy. Great success takes hard and smart work...

Cons

The industry of hosting is a hard one. No one has all the answers if you're looking for an easy job with your job priorities laid out in front of you I wouldn't suggest Codero (or any hosting company for that matter.)

You might see other reviews complaining about management. Everyone here I worked with was passionate about their jobs and making the business successful. It's a tight nit group. If everyone is giving 100% and someone is just coasting by you'd be upset at them too...

They give really good medical benefits and they are fairly lax about time off if you take care of you work - However - if you have a lot obligations outside of work you'll probably have to reconsider some of them.

Advice to Management

Push Cloud and Hybrid more aggressively. Launch the api's publicly once available ASAP. Get some public tech celebrity faces talking about Codero. Help some open source projects whether free hosting or open sourcing an internal tool everyone could potentially use. Get more personnel in dev and support. Give more trust to internal people instead of seeking validation externally. Promote within.

Other Employee Reviews for Codero

"If you love learning, you will learn a lot here!"

I have been working at Codero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot in a short amount of time. Good people to work with from top down. Technical teams are some of the best-WoW. Hire ups are down to earth and care about the employees. Can be hectic and stressful at time because you are in the service business, but also exciting and rewarding. The company is growing and adding locations.

Cons

Not much. if I must however, long hours, and some disorganization due to the fast pace. All manageable, if you have a good attitude, and a good sense of humor! A beer would help as well.

Advice to Management

Dont forget the small guys when you go real big! Take care of the employees as you grow. I like the monthly town halls. Keeps me updated.

"Countries WORST place to work"

I have been working at Codero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MOST of the management team is great! You have very talented minds that could move this place to actually hit their goals with a top notch product. The board needs to take a closer look at the CEO, if they want to make any money moving forward.

Cons

The CEO. He is a nightmare. He is abusive to his staff, both verbally and emotionally. His time has been played out here. There is no strategy, and every day is a fly by the seat of his pants. He puts everyone under unnecessary stress. He is the worst leader I have seen in my life. I am unclear why the board doesn't see how he can't keep any good employees. They all leave, some after only a month or two, or he fires them because they actually know what the issues are and the CEO does not want to hear them. He will not accept any advise from anyone. Every employee that does not work directly for him knows that our leaders will leave because of him. The only ones who will stay are the weaker ones because they can't find jobs and don't try to seek change in fear that they will start the down spiral of termination. The good ones will leave or already have left. We just had to let go of our Marketing VP who was actually pretty good. We have a GREAT COO and VP of Engineering. All the numbers for their teams are 100% or over to goal. If these gentlemen left the company Codero will fall apart. We just hired a strong sales VP who in 30 days has changed the culture on her team and they had one of the best months in a long time. Now the sales people are actually happy. For now... Unless she leaves too.... There have been countless people who quit and he begs them to stay. It is the foundation of an abusive relationship. He is nice to them when he wants something and then yells, screams and hits his fists on the table like a child when he doesn't get his way. Then he begs for forgiveness.

The last half dozen or so positive reviews on this site are from the CEO. All the employees talk about it and we all know the truth. He writes them to hide the true and honest ones.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to step down and let the COO run this place or find another CEO. He will continue to run this company into the ground.
    I hope the someone on the board reads this and take some action. Interviews the managers, past managers please I am begging you….

Codero Response

Jun 13, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are proud of the entire management team we have assembled, and of our mission here at Codero. We take all the feedback into consideration, and appreciate yours... More