Codero - Countries WORST place to work | Glassdoor

"Countries WORST place to work"

I have been working at Codero full-time for more than a year

Pros

MOST of the management team is great! You have very talented minds that could move this place to actually hit their goals with a top notch product. The board needs to take a closer look at the CEO, if they want to make any money moving forward.

Cons

The CEO. He is a nightmare. He is abusive to his staff, both verbally and emotionally. His time has been played out here. There is no strategy, and every day is a fly by the seat of his pants. He puts everyone under unnecessary stress. He is the worst leader I have seen in my life. I am unclear why the board doesn't see how he can't keep any good employees. They all leave, some after only a month or two,... or he fires them because they actually know what the issues are and the CEO does not want to hear them. He will not accept any advise from anyone. Every employee that does not work directly for him knows that our leaders will leave because of him. The only ones who will stay are the weaker ones because they can't find jobs and don't try to seek change in fear that they will start the down spiral of termination. The good ones will leave or already have left. We just had to let go of our Marketing VP who was actually pretty good. We have a GREAT COO and VP of Engineering. All the numbers for their teams are 100% or over to goal. If these gentlemen left the company Codero will fall apart. We just hired a strong sales VP who in 30 days has changed the culture on her team and they had one of the best months in a long time. Now the sales people are actually happy. For now... Unless she leaves too.... There have been countless people who quit and he begs them to stay. It is the foundation of an abusive relationship. He is nice to them when he wants something and then yells, screams and hits his fists on the table like a child when he doesn't get his way. Then he begs for forgiveness. The last half dozen or so positive reviews on this site are from the CEO. All the employees talk about it and we all know the truth. He writes them to hide the true and honest ones.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to step down and let the COO run this place or find another CEO. He will continue to run this company into the ground. I hope the someone on the board reads this and take some action. Interviews the managers, past managers please I am begging you….

Codero2014-06-08

Codero Response

June 13, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are proud of the entire management team we have assembled, and of our mission here at Codero. We take all the feedback into consideration, and appreciate yours. Thank you, and we wish you the best of luck in your next endeavors

Other Employee Reviews

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Codero full-time

Pros

Very engaging, friendly, and fun work.

Cons

The pay could be a bit higher to meet the same standard as other companies who require near the same skill level to operate effectively.

Codero2018-04-22

"Great things happening at Codero!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Codero full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's been a lot of changes over the last 12 months but all for the good! The Executive leadership at this company is outstanding and has a very clear vision of where the company is headed. I'm relatively new to the organization but it is truly an exciting time to be a part of the Codero mission! This is a company that genuinely cares about providing the best possible service to its customers and because of... that is positioned to do great things in the short term and in the years to follow!!

Cons

I seriously do not know of any at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Codero2017-10-09

Discover more reviews about Codero.