Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Easy to like, easier to love!

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management and executive staff at CMB does an excellent job of leading from the top down when it comes to setting a tone for the culture and what to expect from leadership. And let me tell you--they do an outstanding job! They are very opened minded, have very little ego, and really take advantage of the lean-and-mean when it comes to maintaining that "small business" vibe. It's so refreshing to have my voice heard, my ideas considered, and my projects approved. There is very little bureaucracy and red tape that obstruct good work and make progress difficult. Over time this has undoubtedly increased, but not to the detriment of innovation and efficiency. Leadership aside, the one major thing I have to call out is THE PEOPLE. The team here really makes up the amazing experience I have had at CMB. Everyone really cares for each other and really cares about the company succeeding. It genuinely feels like we have each other's back and are rowing, with ferocity, in the same direction with the same enthusiasm. I have never had a better work/life balance, and CMB does an excellent job of allowing me to disconnect, so that synergy when I am "on the clock" doesn't ebb and flow like it does at companies where I am considerably less happy.

Cons

Honestly, I hate typing anything here because I don't want anyone who is potentially looking into applying, to read too much into this stuff and get turned off. I am listening some items here because no company is perfect, and everyone can always improve somehow. But please zoom in on the "pros" I've mentioned rather than lamenting too much on these points. Sometimes it feels like projects/softwares/vendors don't feel thoroughly scoped out and prepared for. I think we could do a better job of thoughtfully planning out and ensuring we are setting ourselves up for success. I also feel like we don't iterate enough, if something does well or does poorly, or just doesn't meet expectations, I'd like to continue to build and expand on core concepts, ideas, or projects.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Culture, Great Company

Jun 24, 2021 - Senior Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Executive leadership is committed to company culture There are lots of interesting problems to solve The team is small, so there are lots of opportunities to make major contributions The company values its employees and supports them not only at work, but in their lives as well.

Cons

The downside of a small team is there isn't much place to hide. Being a small player in a very tough industry with lots of competitors means hard work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jun 21, 2021 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was looking for my current job, I wanted to find a company with a strong mission, a great culture around collaboration and transparency, and work on a product domain that was interesting. I couldn't have found a better place than CMB. Arum and Dawoon are fantastic leaders that care about our users and employees. We have a non-political culture where we are all trying to solve problems for our users and our business. Dating apps are a really fun problem domain that is subtly complex and some of our tests continue to surprise me. It also helps that we are helping people find authentic connections that the world needs more than ever. It's a great place to work.

Cons

May not be the best place for people that want an environment where everyone goes to the same office. We are very remote friendly which isn't fore everybody.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Coffee Meets Bagel.