Cogent Communications - Great Place to Learn, Grow, and Make Money | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Not for someone who does not want a transactional almost call-center approach to telecom sales" (in 12 reviews)

• "Marketing is minimal due to keeping that duty to the sales team and passing lower prices to the customer" (in 9 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Place to Learn, Grow, and Make Money"

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, good atmosphere it you are a hard worker and dedicated to and follow the sales process, great CEO, great product at great price points. Operations/Support teams are the best in the business - they meet customer install dates, communicate with customers all the way through the install process.

Cons

Very few holidays, Desktops and laptops are old - should be updated, Provide Sales teams with the ability to source their own leads - would save a lot in the long run

Advice to Management

More Hunting Resources for Sales!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Reserving the 5th star updates."

Current Employee - Global Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Global Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great.
    Product is extremely straight forward.
    Sales Support is competent.
    Management is supportive and friendly.
    Amazing first day. I will follow up with a more comprehensive review when I have spent a little more time doing the job.

Cons

Nothing to report as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Dont waste your time at this company!"

Current Employee - Global Account Manager
    Current Employee - Global Account Manager

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly I wish there was at least one but there isnt.

Cons

This has been by far the worst career move I could of even made. First off they mislead you by saying these are salery positions! They are not this is an hourly paid position. A few years ago they had a huge lawsuit ( google it) and changed from salery to hourly. They sell you on the fact that there goals are attainable which they really are not. Its as though you are a telemarketer and you are stuck in detention after school. Mirco managing to the fullest. Management does not lead by example. Horrible work environent and completely unprofessional. Their offices are disgusting . They turn their backs to complaints and notifying HR is a complete wast of time. This is not a job for a seasoned professional as they made it seem.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper leadership is please find out what these so called managers are actually doing . Find out through employees how they feel they are being treated. Because believe me I dont know any employee that is happy with working for Cogent.

Discover more reviews about Cogent Communications.