Cognizant Technology Solutions - A good place to start, only to spring board to bigger and better things. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

"A good place to start, only to spring board to bigger and better things."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Theres always work.
Cultural Experience
Decent Pay
Training Opportunities ( In house)
Direct exposure to customer

Cons

Talents go unused
Hard to find project desirable project location
Poor Middle management
Hard to get promoted
Little to no creativity
Add way too much to processes.

Advice to Management

Recognize people on your teams for their work, not just take credit for it.

Other Employee Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

"Worse company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had a position at an excellent client location. I really enjoyed my client boss and the respect shown to me.

Cons

Lack of communication, low pay, no opportunity for advancement unless I wanted to move, lack integrity, required training on my personal time. Wouldn't pay vacation time I earned.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Managers should interact with those on their teams besides at year end reviews. Pay vacation time to employees, or don't offer the incentive. Don't rely on email as the only means of communication.

"Walmart onsite management"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Top leadership between both walmart and cognizants are very good. but here in bentonville cognizant associates were not treated well.

Cons

Do you think in walmart account apparaisal happening based on individual performance ? NO
    Do you think in walmart account promotions happening based on individual contribution ? NO
    Do you think in walmart account when doing apparaisal review mangaer will visit our year begining/mid year goal setting documents ? NO
    Do you think in walmart account all the associates getting feedback/Managers connects via HCM ? NO
    Do you think in walmart account all the managers sharing correct apparaisal feedback ? NO
    Do you think in walmart account all the walmart assicates received managers comments in 2012 YEA ? NO
    Do you think in walmart account all the associates attented one to one meeting with managers ? NO
    Do you know who will get the get rating in walmart account ? Only persons who is personally close to Managers or Sr.Managers
    Do you know who will get promotions in walmart account ? Only persons who is personally close to Managers or Sr.Managers

Advice to Management

Cognizant HR team has to visit bentonville location regularly and have random one to one meeting with associates without any distrubance of manager/sr.manager