Cognizant Technology Solutions - Good work and salary | Glassdoor

"Good work and salary"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Projects in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Senior Associate - Projects in Pune (India)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good projects.. Lot of good work in respective to your interest
Flexibility
Good salary
Guaranteed variable pay

Cons

Major Con I see is client is everything attitude

Advice to Management

Please maintain balance between employee satisfaction and client satisfaction

Other Employee Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

"Unethical Organization"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sound processes, brand recognition, may be good opportunities if you have the right skills.

Cons

For an organization that preaches the highest standards of business ethics, it surprisingly does not live by the same rule when it comes to treatment of its employees. So what if employees are required to complete mandatory compliance training every year to ensure they act with integrity when dealing with clients? Alas, the same integrity is conspicuous by its absence when it comes to the Cognizant's dealing with its employees. Ok, let me elaborate...I quit Cognizant few months back because I got a better job offer. As per company policy, I gave my employers 60 days notice. I was therefore pleasantly surprised when my organization decided to release me within 40 days. The team that I was working for was yet to identify and train a replacement for me, so their desire to relieve me early piqued my curiosity. I was naive enough to initially assume that it was some kind of goodwill gesture by my employer to allow me to go out so early. While pondering over various possible motives behind my early release, I discovered that I was entitled to performance bonus if I was on company's payroll till 31st December. It did not take a stroke of genius to realize that Cognizant did not want to pay me my performance bonus after I left, so they conveniently pre-poned my relieving date by 20 days! And all this while, my HR manager was telling me that I was a valued employee and they would do anything to retain me!! So, what did I do? I threw the policy rule book at them and they had no option but to agree to my demand. I even got an email confirmation from HR that stated that I would be paid my performance bonus as part of final financial settlement. The final financial settlement was indeed paid timely, but it did not contain my performance bonus. This was around couple of months back. I have now lost count of the number of emails that I have written to HR seeking an explanation, but have received no response. I am still undecided on whether I should pursue legal options, given that judiciary is notoriously slow here in India. Anyway, the moral of the story is: Time you resignation right to avoid being conned like I was. And never ever trust the management at Cognizant.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words, stop being a hypocrite, learn to value your employees

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Chennai (India)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good innovative company,
    Good career growth

Cons

Less transparency , Less visibility to higher management

Advice to Management

Set goals, set KPI , Rate them based on the actuals... Review and rewards should be always transparent and on going activity.