KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

My Cognizant Experience

Jun 2, 2015 - Technical Analyst in Teaneck, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and helpful work environment. Higher Management is approachable. Bench period is short compared to most companies and also to the deserving, there are plenty of onsite opportunities.

Cons

From a personal perspective i’m facing a tough situation balancing personal and work life. I wish they were more considerate about placing husband and wife at the same work location. I and my husband are living in different continents for over 15 months. I have conveyed my urge to move, but i don't see any progress.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good for experienced

Nov 22, 2021 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good for Long term staying

Cons

A lot of internal politics.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible

Nov 27, 2021 - Healthcare
    Business Outlook

Pros

Usually plenty of overtime I received a pay check Cognizant was great when it was Trizetto

Cons

No opportunities for advancement. Forced to make lateral moves where the workload is more. I once checked client's website for job description and discovered that I was being paid 5K less than I should have. You do not receive a raise based on how well you've done, but based on if you've completed some unnecessary quarterly goal summary/write in that is difficult to navigate. Cost of living raises are not a thing so you'll be making $16.00/hr while the average rent is 1,600. The QA team was a joke. They'd make up errors as they went or try to twist the wording of the guidelines to support their stance. Training was a joke. You'd usually receive a crash course on your job that lasted anywhere from 2 days to one work week (rare) then would be thrown to the wolves. People are over worked. One day you're routing things to another department to be corrected and the next YOU'RE doing everything which affects production - another thing that was constantly moved up. Mandatory OT, especially when some of us were ALWAYS doing OT to begin with. They thought people didn't have lives outside of Cognizant. If you're planning on leaving this company please leave the day of or plan to be done the day before your resignation. You will be locked out of the system and forced to leave early on the day that is supposed to be your last. Managment didn't care about employees or making sure they were successful, it was only about saving their own behinds.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Cognizant Technology Solutions.