Cogo Labs - Could not ask for a better place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs

"Could not ask for a better place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure where the other reviewer was working... but there's very little politics, almost no red tape, and tons of resources at your disposal at Cogo. There are tons of brilliant employees and the environment is incredibly relaxed.

-Tons of events with free food/beer
-You get to use whatever tools/software you want
-No BS... everyone here is driven by the end result
- Tons of growth in the past year and a great deal of potential moving forward
- Extremely interesting work... the data you get to work with here is the stuff of dreams
- Managers are pragmatic

Cons

- Salaries are on the low side, but on par with what you'd expect from a startup. This will likely change in the coming years
- Stressful
- Incubator tries to fly under the radar (for various reasons) so very little name recognition

Advice to Management

Try to keep the quality of the hiring up. In particular, try recruiting more analysts with a programming background.

Cogo Labs Response

Jul 3, 2014 – Director, Talent Development

Thank you! And yes we agree we need more analysts who have programming backgrounds. We are looking! And don't forget about our referral bonus, if any amazing people cross your path!

Other Employee Reviews for Cogo Labs

"Very different but very fun"

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time

Pros

I get to work with a lot of data. I get to have an opinion and use my own ideas in figuring out what to analyze, how to approach problems. Coworkers are fun, outgoing, relaxed. Get to see how your work impacts the businesses you're incubating

Cons

There's not a lot of other companies doing what we do, so there isn't really a roadmap or a set of processes in place. Which is great sometimes, frustrating occasionally. Also the air conditioning is unpredictable, freezing cold some days, too warm other days.

Advice to Management

More company outings! And the World Cup screen should become a permanent thing in the office so we can watch sports all the time

Cogo Labs Response

Jul 3, 2014 – Director, Talent Development

More company outings is a definite possibility. The giant screen remaining up all the time is a soft maybe.

2. "Putting in a good word"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

More than anything else, a defining factor of Cogo so far has been the quality of people. Cogo makes a point of hiring decent people (in addition to competent ones) and everyone is therefore fun, supportive, and friendly.
    Employees are treated quite well and the work is interesting and dynamic.

Cons

Onboarding is something Cogo is continuing to work on and when I went through it, it was a bit overwhelming at times and lacking direction at others.
    Cogo could also be a bit more upfront about their business model which is more advertising focused than is initially apparent.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep up the good work!