Cogo Labs - Best Job with an Awesome Group of People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs

"Best Job with an Awesome Group of People"

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with extremely smart people in a super friendly environment. Never-ending snacks and fun company outings.

Cons

Hearing people drink outside at CBC during the summer while working inside. Office design is a bit haphazard and could use a facelift for a little more relaxation and flow. HVAC issues in the middle of summer can be brutal.

Advice to Management

More department outings!

Oct 8, 2014 – Director, Talent Development

We WISH the HVAC issues were limited to the middle of summer :( The building managers say a new system is on the way! We'll see! Thank you for the review!

Other Employee Reviews for Cogo Labs

"Great early career choice for learning skills"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cogo Labs is an excellent place to start your career. I've had many opportunities to learn new skills and take on projects that push my boundaries. The best part about the company is the people. Everyone is talented, intelligent and willing to share their knowledge with you to help you grow. While the project goals may not be great (see cons), you do get the chance to build and contribute to interesting projects that will better your technical skills. If you're a self starter who works productively without constant supervision, you'll fit in and excel at Cogo Labs. The company also has a good work / life balance and fun culture.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at Cogo Labs is the business model, which is heavily focused on sending affiliate mail. While the company does start and accelerate companies with actual products, the goal of improving these products and providing value to users is often pushed aside in favor of email monetization.

Advice to Management

My main suggestion to management would be to better align the actual goals of the company with what is promoted to new hires. I've seen many fellow employees have a great first year, only to become jaded as they learn more about the company and discover how reliant it is on affiliate email marketing. There is a disconnect between what is said and what actually happens, and when employees notice that disconnect, it can be jarring. That being said, they should continue to foster and improve a fun culture and career development skills, as those are the biggest selling points as to why someone should join Cogo Labs.

Mar 29, 2017 – VP, Talent & Culture

Thanks for writing this -- I shared this with the senior leadership team & they all appreciated hearing your thoughts. We totally agree about better demonstrating & communicating the alignment ... More

"Pretty good first job"

Former Employee - Quantitative Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Quantitative Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cogo Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back work environment, great engineering support, and overall a really fun technical environment that challenges you solve problems in creative ways

Cons

Questionable business model. Sending spam is not a great way to earn a living.

May 18, 2016 – VP, Talent & Culture

Thank you so much for the review! We're glad to hear you had fun here, and that you appreciated the amount of creative freedom people have at Cogo. We wish you the best, wherever your career takes ... More