Cogswell Polytech - Great for student workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cogswell Polytech

"Great for student workers"

Former Employee - Student Ambassador in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Student Ambassador in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Cogswell Polytech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a student worker they always were flexible with hours, allowing you to schedule time in between classes.

Cons

Sometimes different admission staff will give you contradictory instructions, and you have to figure out whose to follow.

Other Employee Reviews for Cogswell Polytech

1. "On the upswing and coming into its own"

I have been working at Cogswell Polytech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After sometime of not doing well as non-profit and nearly going out of business, we finally have professional management and people who understand how to run a college with out running it into the ground.
    The faculty have an amazing desire to provide students with the skills they need to succeed in industry, very committed faculty.
    Profits are going directly back into improving the school.
    Professional development money!!

Cons

More transparency is needed, Faculty aren't always in the loop.
    There are some underperforming and underqualified staff and faculty, but it's on the upswing.
    A few people here who have a weird idea that trying to get more students is bad, but students graduate every year, so to have a school we need more students. If our mission is to educate and get students jobs, then we need students to do this.

Advice to Management

Share more about the decisions and successes so we all understand how the school is doing.

"Professor"

Pros

A college environment can be a great place to work. The students often bring high energy and great motivation to their work. This can be an inspiration to your own work.

Cons

Cogswell it seems has lost it's way. As a non-profit it was smaller, but better. It used to be more student centered. Now that it has become a for-profit school, the motivation has changed and return on investment seems to be the order of the day. I think they now will take any student that can pay the tuition.

Advice to Management

Management needs to step down and let people who believe in education run the operation. The current administration only cares about pleasing the venture capitalist who bought the school.