Cold Stone Creamery - Awesome First Job | Glassdoor

"Awesome First Job"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Shift Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Tips every shift, slight room for promotions, free ice cream, laid back employees and environment, and a really awesome first job(WAY better than fast food!!).

Cons

Not steady hours, takes a lot of work for promotion, unreliable coworkers, some coworkers are immature, customers get angry over stupid little things.

Other Employee Reviews for Cold Stone Creamery

1. "Downright awful job all around"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Pros

Coworkers were nice and generally friendly
    Received tips weekly, which was always one of the only reasons I didn't quit right away

Cons

The management was so completely unprofessional and downright mean at times that it was dreadful to work the morning shifts (when the store manager or the assistant manager would always be present). Even when I did a task proficiently, praise or even the slightest compliment was hard to come by. A lot of unsanitary practices going on in the back too. I was often left alone in the store while one of the managers went to go the store or a Cold Stone in a nearby city due to how often we ran out of supplies. It was generally very disorganized, very unpleasant, and just not as fun as the company would like you to believe. This is ultimately the downfall of working for franchise companies. I absolutely do not recommend this job to anybody, anywhere.

Advice to Management

Learn to train your employees with more support and patience. You always seemed very impatient when it came time for me to perform a new task. That might explain the rather high turnover rate. Many people I know of who have worked here or know someone who has all say the same thing about management. It made it very unpleasant to work there when the manager would yell at you and take over the job you're still being trained on.

2. "Where's my raise?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

Pros

- good time off
    - great people to work with
    - easy job

Cons

- never get a pay raise no matter what/terrible pay
    - no Consequences for actions of others when they do something wrong
    -are treated like we dont deserve raises no matter how long we work there
    -owners get us in trouble for stupid things.
    - schedule is not fair because owners dont want to put out any money they dont have to

Advice to Management

-give us raises! we work so hard.
    -treat your employees with respect that they know what they are doing and what they are talking about.