Coldwater Creek - A waste of time | Glassdoor

"A waste of time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID

I worked at Coldwater Creek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The town is beautiful and the cafeteria is nice.

Cons

Everything else. Not only would I not recommend working here, I would discourage it at all costs. It reminded me of the law office in the movie "The Firm" because when you sign on you are required to authorize a full background check and commit to one year. Not that the company will make the same commitment to you. I have since left, and have heard numerous stories about how the company has moved people there, tried them on for size, and then laid them off at about the 8th month. Oh, and forget about finding another comparable job in the area. You have just moved to Siberia.

Advice to Management

Senior Management is in desperate need of a shake up. I'd start with Dennis and work my way down from there. These are some of the most unprofessional people that I have ever witnessed in my life.

Other Employee Reviews for Coldwater Creek

1. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Fairview, TX
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Fairview, TX

I worked at Coldwater Creek part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Manager (Fairview, TX), and excellent opportunity to learn retail. Great customers too!

Cons

Too much pressure from Corporate to get credit card apps and PSP appointments which turns the customer's off. I understand the necessity to drive customers into the store though.

Advice to Management

A huge "thank you" to Louise for teaching me to care about the product, hard work, and dedication, and giving me the opportunity to work for her and Coldwater Creek. I truly miss her and this store.

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Normal, IL

Pros

accomidating to employee needs. Salary is good. Some opportunities for bonus.

Cons

Can be very hard to get to SM as there is little to no turn over. This speaks great to the company but hard to move up. Our customer base can be very demanding. Coldwater Creek has a very specific customer base who the company has over the years "spoiled". Great for the customer but can be very challenging for those working the front lines. Any one of us will and do anything we can to make the customers visit a great one. There are some however that know we must and they are very rude and down right mean to us. They are also supported by the company above us. It can be comparable to being in a verbally/mentally abusive relationship in that we take a lot of negative things from some of these customers and have to suck it up and be very submissive to what is going on. I have at times left the store feeling ashamed and angry with myself for not standing up to someone who was very disrespectfull to me but at the end of the day, I need my job and I want to do an excellent job for my employer.

Advice to Management

There should be some concrete policies that store level can enforce. A return policy of some sort would not run off business. Having no return policy makes it very difficult on the store level. We actually have customers who clean out their closet and bring back 2-5 year old product. It can take upwards of 30 minutes to do some returns of this matter and in some cases longer. We should be able to stick to all coupon policies as well. If is states the clear basis for the discount then we should be able to stand by that. The majority of the time that we bend the rules is for the rude, mean customer who throws a fit or threatens to call the company or to not make a purchase. It is never for the customer who is nice and deserving because she's not making a fuss and is happy with any discount at all. Bottom line for me is that you are catering to all of the wrong people and rewarding the one's who cause a rukus. This is reinforcing negative behavior and it puts the associates in a bad situation.