Coldwater Creek - Assistant CAD designer | Glassdoor

"Assistant CAD designer"

Current Employee - Assistant CAD Designer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant CAD Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Coldwater Creek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people are very friendly and hard working

Cons

very disorganized, a lot of bureaucracy to get things done

Other Employee Reviews for Coldwater Creek

"Overworked for pay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Coldwater Creek part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits: Health Care for full-time employee
    Employee discounts

Cons

Constant changes with promotions. Too much work for little progress
    More workload piles up and less hours to do them
    Upper management out of touch with store level concerns.
    Less hours for part-time employees. More and more turn-over because of lack of hours
    Poor quality merchandise. Almost all made in China.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your associates and in turn you will find out what they need to help your business succeed. Your top side is very heavy - know what happens when your top side is heaver than your bottom? Give people fair time-lines wot get projects done. You have people doing four jobs for the cost of one. In these times, do not take advantage of hard working women, They earn their wage and should be taken care of as loyal employees on the sales floor. Care more about your sales team instead of all your marketing signs bells and whistles to bring people in. Too many sales. As a finale note: Made in the USA would be a fine label. Made in the USA - sells in the USA.

"Poorly managed at the top!"

Current Employee - Sales Lead/Sales Associate in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Lead/Sales Associate in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Coldwater Creek part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The women on the floor are amazing. Worked 2 locations and met some of the greatest women! Everyone works hard and they are always willing to help and associate or a customer.

Cons

The company has NO identity. Too old for the 20 and 30 year old crowd and too young for the old ladies. They are marketing to no one. They anounce new design teams or new management and promise big changes. All you get is the same tired shirt or dress in a different color. Quality is gone. They send out catalogs with select pieces being the focus. Rarely are these pieces in the store. Women want to TRY STUFF ON! Especially dresses, which are almost always mail order. Company needs to decide what their identity is. Quit having 90 dollar shirts that are so poorly made we cannot get them on the floor without damaging them. AND the floorsets...I am one of the younger women in our store and I am 54. Those picture frames and large wooden tables have finished me off. Too much heavy labor for women. I know 3 women who have been badly hurt by foolish floorset ideas. I recently gave away most of my Coldwater creek clothes...they just looked ratty. I went to my customer data and in a year I had spent 3000 dollars on their products. I won't make that mistake again. It is sad. They have lost what they used to be.

Advice to Management

Get an identity. Hire out the heavy lifting on floorsets. Quality first.