Coldwell Banker - Excellent name recognition - with no follow through | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Coldwell Banker

"Excellent name recognition - with no follow through"

Former Contractor - Broker in Raleigh, NC
Former Contractor - Broker in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Coldwell Banker as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Name recognition, a good starting point.

Cons

Where to start? DO NOT WORK HERE. They will charge you fees upfront to get you started under the guise of "training materials" and "technology fees" but will not help you actually practice anything relating to the reason you got your real estate license to begin with. I would rather have actual leads than an iPad. Their so-called training is basically just to be nice to people and listen well - i.e. basic human interaction pointers - and you have to complete ALL of it and pay ALL of your $200+ fees in order to just be able to answer a phone call coming into the office for phone duty. They have a speaker who comes in to give you guidance on believing in yourself while pushing a $700 class. When I politely told them I had chosen to go another direction and go with another firm, they badmouthed that firm and personally attacked the owner. Not exactly professional, but I guess business really is dirty.

They take in new agents who don't know any better, make them do the grunt work they don't feel like doing anymore (like open houses) and pretend like they like you when you come in to meet them but change temperature as soon as you sign the dotted line.

Do NOT let big name real estate firms take your money.

Advice to Management

Give us leads instead of iPads.

Other Employee Reviews for Coldwell Banker

1. "Awesome company to work for!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Real Estate Agent - Realtor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Real Estate Agent - Realtor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coldwell Banker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provides great management, and can earn more than average compensation along with flexibility!

Cons

It's a lot of hard work that requires confidence and motivation

Advice to Management

Doing an awesome job! Keep it up!!

2. "realtor"

Pros

large company good advertising many locations

Cons

bad pay split, not much help for new realtors

Advice to Management

be nicer