Coleman Research - Great Company! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Middle management needs more training and upper management doesn't seem to have a clear vision" (in 13 reviews)

• "Work/life balance depends on the team you are on" (in 5 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is really very friendly. The culture committee works hard to make sure we have fun events going on. You learn something new every day here and it makes coming to work interesting.

Cons

It isn't really a con, but depending on the job you're looking for it could be considered one. You are constantly learning new things so don't expect to become a pro immediately. You have to work and ask questions every single day. I personally love this because it keeps me on my toes, but I know it isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff. I can tell that people care and I feel like I can be heard - which I really appreciate!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Senior Client Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Client Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Coleman Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great work/life balance
    -Decent exposure to major investment and consulting firms
    -People here are great. Smart, supportive, and professional while still being fun. Particularly impressed by the new CFO
    -Compensation has improved of late. Solid incentive structure

Cons

-Work gets mundane and repetitive. Coleman stays surface-level with their research work, meaning it can be very un-stimulating
    -Lack of skill development, learning opportunities, and real challenges
    -Lack of clear career growth and limited exit opportunities
    -Coleman struggles to define it's value prop in a crowded marketplace. It often feels like the company is simply set to cruise-control
    -Can feel like there's a culture of general complacency, frustration, and disinterest
    -Lack of connection / communication across offices

Advice to Management

Find a way to differentiate Coleman in the space. Incorporate greater skill development/learning to engage employees and improve retention.

2. "A good first job but that's about it"

Former Employee - Client Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Client Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Coleman Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It really builds on fundamental skills that all jobs require like working on multiple priority tasks at once, being able to adapt to constant change and prioritize correctly and working within a team setting. It'd be a great first job out of college because you're exposed to a lot of different industries which is interesting to learn about. You also get to talk with some pretty high up experts in their industries.

Cons

The team you're put on will make or break your experience. I heard some horror stories of other managers and think some shouldn't be managers. You'll get very frustrated depending on the client your team works with. They have a major culture issue in that they don't know what it is but they're working on defining it. Very much under the mind set that you have to be in the office to be doing productive work. Really not a whole lot of area to advance because there are very few manager spots that aren't even that desirable. There's a horrible attrition problem that they're finally addressing which is good and probably related to their lack of culture. This is a project based job so when new projects come in or updates you need to work on them immediately which can make a work/life balance challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the culture, the clients can treat Coleman employees poorly so the company needs to counter balance that with some kick a** culture.

Discover more reviews about Coleman Research.