Colgate University - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Part Time RA in Hamilton, NY
Current Employee - Part Time RA in Hamilton, NY

I have been working at Colgate University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility is always there, you can work on your own time

Cons

Minimum wage pay, and you actually have to do work

Advice to Management

None for now

Other Employee Reviews for Colgate University

1. "Residential Advisor at Colgate"

Former Employee - Residential Advisor in Hamilton, NY
    Former Employee - Residential Advisor in Hamilton, NY

I worked at Colgate University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was very meaningful. I had fun working for ResLife. I made a lot of friends in my staff. I learned a lot about myself.

Cons

The department was disorganized. They were very inefficient and there are a lot of room for improvement. My job could have been made much easier if the department was more competent.

"Wonderful Employer - Staff Morale Could be Better"

Current Employee - Admin Assistant in Hamilton, NY
    Current Employee - Admin Assistant in Hamilton, NY

I have been working at Colgate University full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The non-exempt employee compensation at Colgate is exemplary and the benefits to the employee as well as the employee's family are spectacular. In general, Colgate is a pleasant place to work and the location is beautiful. The University is family oriented and very supportive of any personal issues that may occur outside of work and are willing to make accommodations for employees who may need to take time for illness for children or themselves or a family member. It is a diverse campus that makes it a point to live up to the word "diverse" and is accepting of all people. It is a wonderful place to be employed.

Cons

Right now morale on campus for some employees seems to be a bit low. This may be due to stress and changes occurring across campus over the past few years. However, this is a common with change and should even out after things settle down.

Advice to Management

Maybe taking more interest in the people that support the administration and faculty and who are the gatekeepers and at the forefront of Student contact would be a good idea. The support staff are generally the first contact students will have prior to an administrator/faculty member as are the laborers and custodial staff. If they are unhappy and their morale is low, chances are they are not bringing their "game face" to work with them everyday and putting their best foot forward.