Collabera - If you are over 50, take H1B pay and get a job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Collabera

"If you are over 50, take H1B pay and get a job."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you are over 50, take H1B pay and get a job.
They are persistent in trying to get their former consultants more work.
You can get medical insurance if you ask for it.

Cons

The pay is low for any kind of engineer.
Any benefits like medical insurance you pay the full price for out of your base pay.
Consultants are not employees and hence are not invited to the customer (actual employer) Fourth of July party. This is not the fault of the company but rather of being a consultant. I was not allowed to telecommute by the customer due to the not trusted status of consultants which slowed down my work and forced extra 50 mile round-trips to the work site. I also got the impression that some vital technical information was being withheld presumably also due to the trust issue and that also impeded my work.

Advice to Management

Your consultants don't have to always be sent back to the same customer.

Other Employee Reviews for Collabera

"Ok Place to contract"

Former Employee - OpenVMS SME in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - OpenVMS SME in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Pay is regular and dependable. Company basically left me alone to interface with IBM and Client company. Travel was ok and expense reports were not overly cumbersome to compete.

Cons

Never found me another contract after the 1 year contract ended. In fairness, my skillset is very narrow.

Advice to Management

HR needs to shore up some mis-communications regarding benefits. Search for next contract months before current one ends when the skill set is narrow. 3 weeks is unacceptable.

"Lowest Paying, Indian Run Consulting Company But in with Big Business"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Newark, DE

Pros

Steady work with big companies. Pay is consistent although low. Benefits are offered (for employee to pay themselves) that are more reasonable than self insurance.

Cons

The pay is NOT commensurate with experience, and forget about reviews or raises... This is contracting pure and simple. This company wants you to just work, work, work without any real return on investment aside from the paycheck. And if, when you're hired, a raise is promised you have to ask for it. It took 9 months for my promised raise to be granted, and then the back pay was taxed at 50% as a bonus.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees with rewards for good work with your customers. Offer pay and raises more commensurate with experience and good reviews.