Collaborative Consulting - Great atmosphere and smart people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Collaborative Consulting

"Great atmosphere and smart people"

Former Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Collaborative Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Collaborative are some of the smartest and hard working that I have had the chance to work with. Also, I was on and assignment my entire time with Collaborative, never having to hit the bench.

Cons

As with any consulting company, the consultant doesn't really have a chance to pick the assignments, so you may end up with a very long commute.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the consultants in the field.

Other Employee Reviews for Collaborative Consulting

"Excellent company for those who want to stretch and grow"

Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative is a growing company that is made up of some of the strongest technology professionals I have ever worked with. The company puts the utmost value in client satisfaction and has built positive brand recognition in the Boston area. Employees have opportunities to stretch and grow especially if they show initiative and drive. There is a mix of cool projects and good ole fashioned staff aug just like at any consulting company but if you do a good job you will be recognized and have an opportunity to do cool work. Most of the employees are genuinely nice people which combined with the strong skills makes coming to work a lot of fun.

Cons

The company has experienced some growing pains as they moved from 200 to 400 people and beyond. They are working hard to address these but there are certainly challenges. Also, assignments are driven by what is sold just like any other consulting company. This means that no every assignment is a perfect match but they will rotate people out for those that have "paid their dues".

Advice to Management

Don't lose the small-company feel as we grow. It's important to keep the Collaborative culture intact. Also, as we grow into new areas and lines of business, don't forget about the businesses that got us here.

"Principal - Technical Architect"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Collaborative Consulting is a mid-size consulting firm. Over the last number of years Collaborative has experienced a significant growth (revenue and headcount) and with that came additional opportunities for personal growth. Company employees some of the best people in the industry including well established authorities in Integration technologies, Data Management and Performance Engineering. Collaborative works with a good mix of clients that span multiple industries and include Fortune 100 companies as well as start-ups and mid-size companies. In short, smart people, interesting work, opportunities for growth and great culture!

Cons

Company is experiencing dramatic growth and with that comes some challenges. Some of the internal processes that worked well for 200-300 people do not work as well for 400-500 people. However, management is actively working to address these challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to review and streamline internal processes, whenever possible maintain procedures that worked well for as when we were 200 people company (aka. Less bureaucracy)